Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing in Windowed Mode

Options
  • 24-10-2005 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Well, in game i just unticked the 'Full Screen' box in preferences. I get the error 'Changing the screen settings failed. Make sure your system supports the settings.' Now I would presume my system can handle the settings, it runs most of the newer games(BF2, F.E.A.R etc) quite well. So has anyone else had this error and/or managed to solve the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Seems to be the same problem as FM2005, it seems to be random. One of my mates got that with FM2005 depsite having the same GFX card, and a far superior rest of the rig. But mine could window and his couldn't. Strangle one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Screen resolution has to be greater than 1024x768

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

yep all down to res

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Cool cheers must try that when I get home.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

just right click the desktop, properties, settings tab, use the slider to adjust the settings

• Advertisement

Unless you have a crappy screen like where you have only two options 800x600 or 1024x768. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Excellent works a treat.

Cheers for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How could you NOT play it in windowed mode?! :D

Pacifico wrote:
    How could you NOT play it in windowed mode?! :D
    I don't have any other option. :( Sucks really.

Advertisement