Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm 2006

Options
  • 24-10-2005 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have alot of injuries or is it just me?? van der sar is out for 3months, keane for a month, Saha for 2months and Scholes for 2months. And not at the end of August yet!! Plus does anyone know when all the logo, graphics packs and stuff are gonna be out to download?? Cheers, Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Maybe the game's an ABU and wants to f*ck up your chances as early as possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

just got the update there now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

happened me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

iv noticed my players just cant defend. No matter who i play and i really mean no matter who for instant i was beat by luton 3-1 quite possible the most embarrassing result iv ever had in all my years playing cm/fm iv only had 3 clean sheets in 40 games with Chelsea playing with 4 defenders and 1 dmc just in front of them honestly what the hell is up with that? :rolleyes:

agreed see my post about cherry orchard, its a little bit silly at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was Man Utd and lost every single pre season game. I just used standard tactics like I always use and was continuously outplaye even when I bought Gattuso for 20 million. Rooney and Ronaldo were getting ratings of 4.

I think it was because they didn't have faith in me. I am in the league now unbeaten, but i have only won 2 and drawn 8.

did any of your players hit the crossbar? (joking) yeah i think its a little hard, and it makes the game very hard to get into

well i don’t know if either of you have noticed but my players simply wont close down no matter what i tell them they allow the opposing team to have the ball and pass it around like a team of gods (even luton did this it was scary) i nearly always have less possession and even with the ball my players don’t seem to be able to pass with the same skill as luton indeed im lucky if they string two passes together with most of my chances comeing from long balls to the donkey and Adriano even though i tell my players to pass the ball short. To be honest i haven’t seen my team create to many chance's from nice passing movements from defensive to midfield to attack it just doesn’t happen added to the defence problems and it seems to me that there's something’s wrong with the match engine or tactics.

Bizmark I have had the opposite of what you say. My team have closed down all over when i asked and I also have seen short passing from defense to attack...particularly on counter attacking setting.

cheesedude wrote:
    Bizmark I have had the opposite of what you say. My team have closed down all over when i asked and I also have seen short passing from defense to attack...particularly on counter attacking setting.

Hmm perhapes you could post a screenshot of your training cheese ? maybe im doing something wrong there.

• Advertisement

Oh i have training for different positions. Namely Full Backs, Centre Backs, Def Mid, Wingers and Strikers. Basically, since my wingers are giggsy, ronaldo, park etc I would have Intensive ball control, medium aerobic, medium strength and high shooting etc....nothing to deep. Just suiting training for them.

But for Rooney, I leave him in General with medium everything just because he too all rounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is FM2006 worth getting if I already have FM2005? Apart from the updated players/teams, is the improvements in match/engine/training worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

As I said in the other thread:

It all depends on your situation. If you have money to buy it and aren't already engrossed in an FM05 game, go for it. If you are maybe you should wait another while until its a bit cheaper and you aren't still playing FM05 regularly.

The time-talks are alright, but if you get too critical players don't like it. Kinda like the fines were when they first came in. The new in-game tactics are handy, but I don't use them much. The training is the most improved part of the game, imo. Each player now has their own training page and you can graph their progress in each individual attribute over 12 months. Something the game has really been crying out for in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bizmark, is your "short passing setting" set in the Team Instructions page? Something worth noting is that if you set players to one of the preset positions (the quick option to set up a DM for example) it will often overide many of the team settings with settings for that position. So no matter what Team Instructions are there, they will use their own specific settings where available. If that makes sense. Only overall team things that can't be assigned to specific players (such as tempo) will be utilised.

is anyone else finding it hard to get into the game? in comparassion to the 05 version?

Right im changed my view of this game from being annoyed to simply being pissed off to the point of not caring. The results and player performance just makes no ****ing sense at all for 3 games in a row we played decent/well beating Bolton 3-0 and Villarreal (sp?) twice in a row 3-2 and 2-1 all my players have superb moral and top of the table I thought maybe my new training has taken effect on those players not falling like fly’s to 3 month long injures which seem to be more infective than a flu pandemic but never the less im Chelsea and iv beaten 2 good teams in the space of a week very nicely with out them with the next team up being west ham lowly west ham 1 point above the drop zone after 30 games easy victory for my players flying high after a number of fine wins and performances Right?....
    Na for NO reason I could see include no tactic changes or player changes all my players from back to front just couldn’t be arsed performing 5 and 6 rateings where the order of the day and I lose right so on to the next game against Liverpool harder game but I’m more than able to win but once again for no reason my players don’t perform and I lose 1-0 a goal in the seven minuet and just to finish it off I lose 2-0 to tottenham who are on a 7 game losing run once again my players don’t perform UTTER ****ING NONSENSE I said and did nothing to bring on this massive dip in form but it seems to happen pretty offer during the season.

Loseing or drawing with tottenham and/or Liverpool is ok if they play well which they didn’t it was defensive mistakes as normal but jesus Christ west ham? who have 4 wins to there name all seasion and not just loseing but being total dominated ? it just doesn’t make a lick of sense the game is toss nothing I do works theres no point of even trying anymore its so bloody random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah some of the draws ive been having have been a joke! Im playing with Arsenal. Was 3-0 up at half time against hull (2nd season), ft 3-3 :(

I finished 4th (Just) won the League cup and Champions league :) Going pritty well in the third season as ive just bought a load of players (20+) Due to the amount of injuries i get i need a massive squad plus my reserves had 10 players :eek:

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Bizmark, is your "short passing setting" set in the Team Instructions page? Something worth noting is that if you set players to one of the preset positions (the quick option to set up a DM for example) it will often overide many of the team settings with settings for that position. So no matter what Team Instructions are there, they will use their own specific settings where available. If that makes sense. Only overall team things that can't be assigned to specific players (such as tempo) will be utilised.

There all set to short passing in there own tactics screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

This game is imposssible. I start with big teams with good players and lose matches to lower league teams! I don't know what I'm doing wrong!! I have two games running, with Ajax and Spurs and I'm 18th in November in the league with both! its ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Read FM Lead Developer Marc Vaughan's FM2006 hints and tips guide..

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=view&id=358

This game is different in that you cant just blindly go forward all game. What real like team just goes forward all game, every game all season..

Best example I can think of is when Chelsea went 1-0 up against Wigan and then killed the game for the last while in the first game of the season.

Once you go a few goals ahead go to quick tactics, move the top slider to 'defensive' and move time wasting to the max level. Once the computer is down a couple of goals they will throw the kitchen sink at you [like you would at them]. If your still throwing men forward then they will have plenty of space behind you and therefore have a few really good chances.

Also tactics with a DMC right in front of your back 4 are the formations of the hour..

FM2006 is not hard, its just different to previous games thats all :)

• Advertisement

Just won the league \o/ kind of getting into it a bit more had my contract renewed with a nice budget of 33 million given to me for new players which i really need to spend on a few midfeilders as tired players even if they have 88-90+% condition just play crap far more so than in fm 2005 with midfeilders suffering quite badly from this.........Or at lest that what it seems to me

Have also won the euro cup (bleh but you can only win what your in) with a nice 4-0 hammering of betis im not sure if the hammering was due to my new 4-1-1-3-1 tactics or the fact my first teamers got 2 weeks rest while the reserve team got a run out in the league but we will see come the new season.....Hmm im getting addicted again damn sigames

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Heh! :D

Hmm 10 games into the new season including 3 friendly 1 community shield and super cup games currently i have 10 clean sheets 8 wins 1 draw (first friendly wonder gk) 1 loss (penos to juve bastards) scored 14 goals in 5 league games not to shabby think i might of cracked it /me jinx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Best example I can think of is when Chelsea went 1-0 up against Wigan and then killed the game for the last while in the first game of the season.
    Didn't Crespo score with basically the last kick of the game though, not much 'killing' of the game left after that

Players shots on target to goals conversion rate seem high Adriano needed 204+ shots on goal to score 30 7 clear cut chances to score for such a great striker seems wrong to me and wingers just seem useless also every team can still out pass out tackle and out posses me in midfield bah .

Honestly has anyone ever had higher possession than even 30% of the teams they played even truely crap ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Just got the game today and started with Cork City , ive won 4 and drawn 1 out of 5 and ive scored 12 and conceaded 4 .Im top of the league (I started the game in line with the english season so I was already half way though the season) through to the second round of qualifying for the UEFA CUP , out of the League Cup (lost the first round while I wasn't manager) and won the Munster Cup .

I feel the game is even more responsive to little changes in tactics and formations .

I drew Ferencvaros in the first round of the UEFA CUP and was quite lucky in a way with progressing . Both teams played equally well in almost every little aspect except my team scored 6 goals from from 12 shots and 7 on target and they got 2 from 13 shots with 6 on target . The media bit after the game was quite funny 'Ferencvaros boss was shocked by how much his team lost in a very tight game' was the headline or something along those lines .

In the second game they scored twice in the 12 minutes of the game and with the way they were playing I was worried I was going to be knocked out .
    I made my formation more defensive , stopping the full-backs from making runs and having the wingers play more of a MR/L position . This got me to half time without conceading but they were still creating a lot . I then brought on a DM inplace of an MC , pulled back an Am to MC and brought a ST back to AM hoping to not conceade too much and go through . Funnily enough I then started to outplay Ferencvaros for the rest of the game and scored twice in quick succesion .

[if someone hasn't noticed already this is just pointless rambling]

I thinked ive cracked how to play in Europe with a team from a smaller nation , use my natural attacking style and go at them at home and a more negative approach in formation but not mentality away .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

bizmark wrote:
    Players shots on target to goals conversion rate seem high Adriano needed 204+ shots on goal to score 30 7 clear cut chances to score for such a great striker seems wrong to me and wingers just seem useless also every team can still out pass out tackle and out posses me in midfield bah .

Honestly has anyone ever had higher possession than even 30% of the teams they played even truely crap ones?

Yeah something seems wrong with it, or it's too difficult, too many variables... playing with united, and I always concede goals no matter what.... tried every tactic in the book, tweaking many of them, and it's just getting a pain in the ass now - there's total inconsistency and tactics don't seem to be followed.

I played Newcastle in the champions league, beat them 4-1 at home, then in the second lag at Old Trafford, with THE SAME TEAM and tactics, they thrashed me 4-1?! They were using the same players and formation that they used before.

I'm down 6-0 against Everton at the moment ffs... no doubt I will get the sack after this one.. the big question is should I continue playing or just go back to 2005....

The ****test teams will be all over you at times no matter who you have playing. I got Rooney and Ruud scoring 35 and 25 in the season, but the team can go from 8-10's to 5-6's for no reason whatsoever.

Kernel wrote:
    but the team can go from 8-10's to 5-6's for no reason whatsoever.

Yep madness at time's
    Also tactics with a DMC right in front of your back 4 are the formations of the hour..

Thats because the back 4 cant defend very well or pass very well or understand the concept of passing the ball short or closeing down etc so you need some one to cover them.....Not that he does a good job but at lest he's someone else you can watch on the 3d screen messing up yet another pass or geting cauth out with the ball as he thinks to himself "the manager told me to pass short but hell i think ill lob a long ball up to 5 foot 6 swp thats bound to get us a goal" you sure as hell wont be watching him makeing great tackles anyway.

Lads what you are describing is reality. The game is spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

bizmark wrote:
    Yep madness at time's

Thats because the back 4 cant defend very well or pass very well or understand the concept of passing the ball short or closeing down etc so you need some one to cover them.....Not that he does a good job but at lest he's someone else you can watch on the 3d screen messing up yet another pass or geting cauth out with the ball as he thinks to himself "the manager told me to pass short but hell i think ill lob a long ball up to 5 foot 6 swp thats bound to get us a goal" you sure as hell wont be watching him makeing great tackles anyway.

I've got a good tactic going at the moment, a 4-4-2, but you need to give player instructions out. For example, the two centre backs should have low creativity, low forward runs, ultra defensive mentality etc. The two wingbacks or DL/DR's should have more attacking mentality, forward passing, crossing etc. One of your MC's should be attacking and one defensive. Pass to flanks and a wide formation can work.

Also, 4-4-2 counter is supposed to be good - the standard tactic.

See how you get on, or I'll upload a good tactic for 4-4-2 later. ;)

Advertisement