Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm 2006

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Think im going to stop complaining about the game sure the defenders arent great but i still manage to win most games and sigames will release more patchs in the near future.

Anyone know any really good youth players for around 10-20 million ?

Or not after another run of retarded losses and super goalkeeper/defender showings from crap teams added to the majority of my players getting 5 and 6's against them f*ck sake i just cant stand to play this game for long the magic is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Go get yourself Javier Mascherano @ Corinthians

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

cheesedude wrote:

Go get yourself Javier Mascherano @ Corinthians

Seconded. Haven't tried Freddy Guarin in FM06 but he was the bomb in 05.

Also, congrats to SI on FM06 becoming the 2nd fastest selling PC game in UK history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im using a similar formation to the one i used in FM05.

That is:

A flat back 4 with 2 attacking full backs making lots of runs & running with the ball.

A single DM who is defensive, tackles hard, never makes forwards runs, rarely runs with the ball, long shots mixed.

3 CMs - Very attacking, forward runs; mixed long shots, running with the ball. The centre CM has an arrow up to the strikers and is set more attacking than the others with more forward runs.

2 Strikers - 1 striker runs with ball a lot, takes plenty of shots. The other striker holds up the ball and is designated Target Man.

Team Instructions: CounterAttack, Mixed Passing

Mixed results so far so definitely still needs to be tweaked a bit. The attacking fullbacks are one of the more important postions in this formation. Need fullbacks with decent (>10) Crossing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'm 18 games into a game with barcelona, top of the league by 4 points and just beat real madrid 3 - 0 away. 4-4-2 counter attack with some tweaking is my formation at the moment.

but u have to concentrate more on the game, watch how the other team are playing and change ur tactic to suit the game

ps. i'm awsome at fm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I don't think it's realistic at all, and much of the fun is gone. Many many people are complaining about the game engine, and I agree that something is wrong there. A top team should be able to get results using a standard 4-4-2 tactic, especially when they have superior players. That doesn't happen, and Div 2 games can make your 20million euro players look like Accrington Stanley.

I hope they address the issue in a future patch. I think the game was rushed out, and something is amiss with the engine. The game was released and a huge 100mb patch was released the next day... that's not a good sign.

Kernel wrote:
    I don't think it's realistic at all, and much of the fun is gone.

Says the man who once got Henry to score 107 goals in a season! :p

Only joking, I do actually agree with what you've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Says the man who once got Henry to score 107 goals in a season! :p

Only joking, I do actually agree with what you've said.

hahah, I know, and I don't even like Arsenal. Got Rooney to score 45 for me, but they're all over the pitch like headless chickens no matter who I'm playing. The SiGames forums are aflame with debate, many people complaining it's too hard, and others saying it's not... I dunno what can be done about it.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The ammount of times ive scored and they have equalised immediately is joke tbh.

They deffinitly messed up the game engine somehow. FM2005 here i come!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My 2 cents on the game.

I'll prolly end up doing a review of this but I'll keep this short (as I won't get paid for this). Ok, just completed my 1st season with my beloved Liverpool and am heading into the second season.

The manager contracts is a great idea, I especially like the way you can choose a wage/transfer budget scheme. Very cool.
    The whole game runs much quicker, and the match engine seems to be improved alot from the very unstable Beta version.

So I think its definitely worth a buy, as its not just the usual update of the database.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i've gotten it last sat played it 3 times i just can't get into it, i was rally bothered by the non-league teams beating me and the fact that the squad wasn't up to date, i agree its extreamly hard i know this may sound silly but i'm not a pro manager, i'm a gamer i want a game the resembles football managment, but isn't ott, i think this one is ott, i loved cm4 and fm05 but i'm really disapointed by this, even though its strictly a better game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I think it is a great game. I'm a real hardcore SIgames man having started playing way back in the cm2 days,
    I bought the game on the day its out so therefore the game i started has some glitchs in it, i downloaded the patch and stuff but i really should start a new game.

Anyway i started off unemployed and got appointed manager of yeovil town.
    battle hard against relegation was my task and i finished mid table, i'm not finding the game terribly hard.
    And a lot better then fm 05

I am missing the champ mano name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone finding it easier than expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

if anything its harder then again i could be the fact that i took up the challange of nottm forest in leagye one and their players are ****e with a captal S.

I just scraped relegation in my first season, went on holiday for half as i was been beaten left right and center.Damn i hate bradford city, they always beat me in the game.I managed to get ederson and now Guarin after selling Kris commins and a few other playerrs but they didnt arrive until the summer of 2006:(. The rest of the players i signed were out of contract players. I even bought wesley houlilan from shelbourne for 28,000 and he did ok in his first season. Andy Keogh from scunthorpe is now my main striker.

Now starting a new season with them and hopefully a lot better this time round. The board want me to win the league.

OH i was sacked as well in the first season after 5 months but i wanted to make it work with forest so took them over again.

galwaydude wrote:
    I just scraped relegation in my first season, went on holiday for half as i was been beaten left right and center.Damn i hate bradford city, they always beat me in the game.I managed to get ederson and now Guarin after selling Kris commins and a few other playerrs but they didnt arrive until the summer of 2006:(. The rest of the players i signed were out of contract players. I even bought wesley houlilan from shelbourne for 28,000 and he did ok in his first season. Andy Keogh from scunthorpe is now my main striker.

Yeah thats another thing, you cant go on holiday anymore!

Anytime i leave it to my assistant manager i either lose or draw the game. And if i play the same game i'd win 3 to 4 nil

when i went on holiday my forest team actually won a few games. Looking forward to playing with the likes of ederson and guarin feeding Andrew keogh in my forest team. I like the way manager contracts work, well done SI.
    All in all its a very good game.

Oh did anyone notice that some of the EL players were well outdated and playing in the wrong positions.I noticed loads when i was Galway Utd manager. There was even one ex Galway Utd player who was listed as been 29 when hes in fact only 23.Loads more. Also shelbourne ratings seem a bit high to me.They seem to be able to sign championship players from the UK when other clubs feed off the scraps. Even the ratings of pat mccourt were rubbish too.

Just won the league there and got a question from the media;

"Someone once said You'll never win anything with kids!" how do you respond :D

Nice touch, the average age of my squad was 23....with a 39 year old keeper ;)

the EL is crap in it, i stand by that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Shelbourne rock, so stfu! :p

stfu? but the players are not all right, wrong clubs etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

So, how bad is the EL? I was going to start a game there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I can imagine Rovers being a bit odd alright, what with their current situation! The data is finalised around the start of September.

The EL is good in my experience, pretty realistic so far. Play as Shelbourne in it, they're right, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong! ;) What stops our league being perfect in it is the fact that people who attend all the games and know the players don't seem to want to help out with the data, so those that aren't submitted (or those that are done with 20's for every attribute!) need to be done by people with no experience of the league or might just be left alone.

It's pretty good tbh, and I much prefer it to playing the English leagues.

Cos Im doing so well with Liverpool I got offered the Argentina Job just before WC Qualifying in 2007. Finding it tricky though cos I can't bring in an Assman cos they all reject me :(
    Oh well, I beat Brazil in my 1st match and im still top of the prem with Liverpool.

Loving this game!!

Slurms wrote:
    Cos Im doing so well with Liverpool I got offered the Argentina Job just before WC Qualifying in 2007. Finding it tricky though cos I can't bring in an Assman cos they all reject me :(
    Oh well, I beat Brazil in my 1st match and im still top of the prem with Liverpool.

Loving this game!!

What about staff at liverpool? Do they reject you also?

Yeah, Ive offered my Assman the position but he still says no.

Im doing grand though, it aint too hard to pick Argentina's best 11.

Thats strange. Im in the same year managing Arsenal/France and my assman accepted the france role i offered...

Weird... maybe cos im continuing my game from the Gold Demo?

lads how do ye go about fm2006 when you have a gf.The only times i get a chance to play it when im off and shes at work otherwise its a no no

galwaydude wrote:
    lads how do ye go about fm2006 when you have a gf.The only times i get a chance to play it when im off and shes at work otherwise its a no no

Get her into it. It's the only way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Windowed mode, quick alt tabbing, and tell her you're shopping for xmas present idea's.

Should buy you a few hours.

Now how about an online league?

Advertisement