Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm 2006

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

bazH wrote:
    Now how about an online league?

Good idea. New thread perhaps?

I'm off to Tolka Park in a few minutes so maybe later on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

she tried to do that with hattrick lol but that didnt work out thank god.Naaa wouldnt do that. I play FM2006 to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

my laptops graphics card is ****e so cant play in windowed mode:(

An online league sounds like a great idea. Maybe choose the EL to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i want shamrock rovers, i've staked my claim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

As with previous attempts at running an online league, the logistics should be sorted out before any teams/leagues picked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Slurms wrote:
    Weird... maybe cos im continuing my game from the Gold Demo?

I dunno :confused:

Weird though. Try it again in about a year....

but if you loved me you let me take on the car wreck that is SRFC in the game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pacifico wrote:
    I dunno :confused:

Weird though. Try it again in about a year....
    Maybe when it comes closer to the WC I'll have people begging me for the job.

or the copa america, usually all assman's want a internation job to increase their profile

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318632

New thread created for the "Boards Online League". Stick yer name and details down if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Should a new thread be started fixing some of the so called errors, including stats etc, in the EL?

tim3115 wrote:
    Should a new thread be started fixing some of the so called errors, including stats etc, in the EL?

That would be nice, although the stat changes won't be implemented until FM2007. The patches only update the game itself rather than the data. I'm gonna apply to become a researcher for the next game, I've a Shels season ticket and go to a good few other games around Dublin so I'd like to do my bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im doing very well with nottingham forest , i just started my third season and i have just made the premirship , i have some gems of young players. that i will not be disclosing until the start of the boards league :)

its wrong, its cheating and i know this but i changed the DB in the ame to give rovers a cash injection, i also raised the attraction of all, EL teams and the EL itself, i added some missing players ect, i still et whopped the odd time so im glad i didn't ruin the game but just to add i'll revert to the ori DB for an online league

blu_sonic wrote:
    its wrong, its cheating and i know this but i changed the DB in the ame to give rovers a cash injection, i also raised the attraction of all, EL teams and the EL itself, i added some missing players ect, i still et whopped the odd time so im glad i didn't ruin the game but just to add i'll revert to the ori DB for an online league

For playing online you don't have to revert afaik, only the servers db is used.

Anyone had any joy with the training systems? Also any good tactics to employ to my flat back 4? Man marking? Tight?

On a lighter note, my player/assistant-manager just player of the month, then filed a report on himself saying:

"Following Buckles recent award, Buckle has compiled the following report.

Paul Buckle believes veteran Paul Buckle will struggle to hold down a place in the squad at such a late stage in his career."

Found it funny myself!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Anyone had any joy with the training systems? Also any good tactics to employ to my flat back 4? Man marking? Tight?

On a lighter note, my player/assistant-manager just player of the month, then filed a report on himself saying:

"Following Buckles recent award, Buckle has compiled the following report.

Paul Buckle believes veteran Paul Buckle will struggle to hold down a place in the squad at such a late stage in his career."

Found it funny myself!

the new patch was ment to clear up this glitch, in the original version you could ask the ass man to rate his own importance to the club

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I won the Champions League with Celtic in my first season. Either im class or the game is easy. I have it patched too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I dont know I started the game played three different teams and only played won match .I guess im finding it tough to stop playing fm2005 when im in 2008, its like going back over stuff I've done. I think I might start this game with Chelsea,have an easy ride and dominate English football.

I'm not into irish footie at all =D

lucky you i wish i wasn't into it its really hard for all non shels fans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I don't know how people find it hard. I just won the Serie A with Fiorentina and I was one of the favourites to get relegated.

I'm not happy about the amount of bugs in the game though. Mine is patched up and there is one major bug which I explain in my post in the link below regarding Co-ownerships which I'm really p***ed off about.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50331983#post50331983

lol, being bankrupt sucks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Ah but I'm not bankrupt. I only bought 1 player during that season and I was under budget in terms of wages so I was getting a profit.

i have to let players go, see, the realism is just too much lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

i think it's realistic... Came third in Spanish L with Valencia.
    Almost went bankrupt, but new board of directors took over.
    Bought a legend CB called Barzagli. Cost a bomb off Palermo, but is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Sigh, I bought this game last week but for some unknown reason it won't run on the laptop in the house. :( I have to wait for my housemate to hurry up and finish his thesis so I can have a go of it on his laptop. Quickly now, lg! ;)

elefant wrote:
    i think it's realistic... Came third in Spanish L with Valencia.
    Almost went bankrupt, but new board of directors took over.
    Bought a legend CB called Barzagli. Cost a bomb off Palermo, but is class.

thats what im saying ultra realistic so thats a huge bonus for it
    pros:
    the new h/t f/t team talks
    the new manager info screen
    the improver team selection saver
    the pitch graphics
    improved speed (or just i've a new comp)
    and many more little things.
    the editor is easier to use

cons.
    very hard (although varies from player to player)
    not a lot of possesion in matches
    the team i support not up to date (to be expected really)
    teams seem to play very defensive formations against me a lot(4.1.4.1)
    the scroll down menu beside the team/player/comp now gone
    (not too many) little things too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Should someone start a thread and sticky it for good players in new game??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

anyone else notice that there are lots of instant replies to goals?
    Tevez is unreal again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Finances are a bit odd. I'm in the middle of November of my first season with Liverpool. I spent 10m of my transfer budget (it was just under 11m). I signed Kompany and kovalchuk and am 65k under my wage budget, but the club has just dipped into the red, so the clubs is now 193k in debt and I'm going to assume that the trend of making a 2-3m loss a month will continue. Whats that all about?

I am top of the league after 13 games (only lost 1) though, so it''s not all bad.

Advertisement