Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm 2006

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Woo hoo, just heading off to the world club championships (mid dec) and the club is now 4m in debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

sell a few players that you dont need, that should sort out the debt.I think FM 2006 did a great job on the fiancial side of things as you now have to watch your balance as well as take care of your team. As your liverpool try and flog cheyrou, warnock, hamann, crouch etc. Also you should make alot of money if you do well in the club championships.

galwaydude wrote:
    sell a few players that you dont need, that should sort out the debt.I think FM 2006 did a great job on the fiancial side of things as you now have to watch your balance as well as take care of your team. As your liverpool try and flog cheyrou, warnock, hamann, crouch etc. Also you should make alot of money if you do well in the club championships.

I havnt created the problem though, the club is losign money somewhere. I'm under my wage buget and certainly couldnt save more than 10-20k a week at a push, the club is still losing ten time sthat, I just donbt know what they are at. I have visions of getting points deducted and it costing me the league.

As for the players, I like Warnock ( he;s good backup, Traore is useless so ill sell him) Hamann Il like too. Crouch has 14 goals in 16(9) games. I'm doing the opposite of the real liverpool. My 3 strikers have 44 goals in 55(16) games between them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Not all wage budgets are sustainable. Have you sold players on monthly installments?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I got ten games into my Shelbourne season (unbeaten, of course ;)) and the continue button went on strike and decided it no longer wanted to function. Pain in the hole tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

use the space bar instead, is that why you weren't playing last night? mr.Jurno

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've tried space bar and everything, just won't continue for me. Can't play the online league cos I can't connect, gonna have to wait until I get a new connection to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

I just cant seem to get any consistency.

I havent played any of the versions since 01/02 so I took on chelsea till I get into the hang of it.

Doing OK in europe, domestic cups and I hammer all around me including top flight teams.

but when it comes to the league, 20 games undeafed, think I can win more that 1 in 5!!!

score a goal, bang the score again from the tip off!!! :mad:

~I'm having a bit of bother with consitency too. I've beaten Chelsea once, Utd twice and just hammered Arsenal 5-0 but am dropping points to the likes of Charlton, Suinderland and West Ham.

Edit. No sooner do I say it that I go and lose my next two league games after the Arsenal game 3-1 and 2-1 to Pompey & Blackburn.:mad:

try and change around the team.For some reason 4:4:2 doesnt have the same effect as before and maybe a variation of that formation of play as 4:3:2:1 the way chelsea play.

• Advertisement

tried that. tried my usual 3:1:3:1:2, tried a few default one aswell.

i realy dont know

might start a new season (and dif team) and see how is goes

This is ridiculous. I just cant win away games. my away record is 4-4-9. I have the best home record in the league.

i have that same problem with forest, i can win easily at home but away from home is well hard. Try to be more defensive away from home and you should pick up a few more points.Also make use of subs, i found that bringing in a new midfielder and striker did the world of good.Then again my advice is based on div 1 and now championship.Anyone else have problems with injuries.anytime i do well with forest 5 or 6 of my main players get crocked

If only I could play Arsenal every week. Just beat them 4-1 in highbury, my only decent away game this season. I thought beating them 5-0 at home felt good :)

oh god, some one give me a decent defensive tactic!!

put 3 past villa, they turn around and put 5 past me!!!!!!!

then friggin Makélélé demands a move, when I final accept a bid he tells me he will only move if I pay him 11k a week WHILE HE IS CONTRACTED TO SEVILLA!!!

wtf.bmp

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Do teams actually play realistic formations and squad selections in FM2006?

I'm just playing against Chelsea in FM2005 at the moment (they're 3rd, I'm 1st) and they are playing a 4-3-3. Not a 4-5-1, but an actual 4-3-3 with 3 SCs and 3 MCs. The three MCs are Tuncay, Joe Cole and Alex Hleb, and the three SCs are Drogba, Torres and Saviola. Seriously, how in the name of god can a team that shíte be 3rd in the league?

This has probably been discussed loads of times, but why do no real german player get picked for th esquad? The team just competed in the world cup with a squad of grey players.

For the last six months of his contract I was trying to get Diesler to sign for me on a free, with his constantly saying he wont leave Bayern. Then he refuses to sign a new deal with them and runs out his contract. He leaves on a free, so I decide to offer him a deal, he actual wants to sign and asks for €41,00 a week. Whereas he's been turing downoffers of up to £90,000 a week for ages.

the german thing is a licencing issue. its why kahn does NOT appear as a player for bayern.

there are fixes out there

Stekelly wrote:
    For the last six months of his contract I was trying to get Diesler to sign for me on a free, with his constantly saying he wont leave Bayern. Then he refuses to sign a new deal with them and runs out his contract. He leaves on a free, so I decide to offer him a deal, he actual wants to sign and asks for €41,00 a week. Whereas he's been turing downoffers of up to £90,000 a week for ages.

I always thought it was the players expectations dropping and becoming desperate to move or the player holding out desperately to stay at the club.

Trying to get Javier Saviola on a free, less than a month to run but he wont discuss a contract until he has tried every option to stay at Barca. Waiting everyday for his mind to change.

HAHAHAHAAH Chelsea just offered me a straight swap, Jarosik for Kompany, two bloody chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Karakartal

He people..

i am playing fm/cm for years now. at this moment i play fm06. I always used 3-1-3-1-2 tactic and gung ho. i always won everything. example: with croatia and cameroon i won the world cup. But in fm06 i cant win. my defenders are playing really bad. the opponent can even make a goal from 30 meters. I changed my team instructions and tactics, but its worser now. I am losing every game now even against 2nd division..who can help me?

I use 4-4-2 free and won the CL in my first season with celtic, shouldn't have gotten a sniff

anyway in stopping the aposing team scoring in the first 10 mins of games.Any game i play this always happens unless i score first and keep it level till halktime.Its annoying that i go into every match already 1:0 down. Is this a bug!!

Maybe you should talk to the media to fire up you team

i do that to good affect.The one strange thing is find is my manager ratings are pretty good apart from the loyalty rating which is always about 4.What is that all about.

My Loyalty is 1!! All my other stats range from 17-20. I've only had one club and recently got the Ireland job. Always said in the media that I wasn't interested in other jobs.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Player loyalty?

No, manager profile.

Advertisement