Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valsalva technique to clear infected ear?

• 24-10-2005 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭

I have an ear infection that driving me crazy, doc gave me antibiotics that had zero effect and every day that goes by I can feel the pressure in the ear building and every day that ear can hear less and less, I almost as deaf as a post now on one side.
    It started with an earache that has gone now, but there clearly is still plenty of fluid (and growing) piling up against the eardrum.

The Valsalva technique seems like the way to go but am afraid it may damage my ear given its current state. As a kid i had many ear infections that left me partially deaf in one ear and the other slightly impaired, am very concerned as the ear infected is my "good" ear and am very afraid this is going to leave me in need of a hearing aid.

Looking online the tubes that are put in seem to be only for kids (I had this done in both ears as a very young kid), but I'm in my 30's now so wondering if this is still an option, anything that will give me the hearing back in my good ear is something i'm willing to try at this point!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Unfortunately you are asking for specific information on a medical condition which can be construed as a therapeutic information and cannot be asked in this forum.

If this is of a concern you should speak with your GP who may refer you if it is appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement