Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Algorithmic Problem Solving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Right, well then if ur having problems and are completely lost, go to him and say it. He's very approachable.

I was completely lost with one of his courses and he spent hours with me going over it until it all clicked into place. After that it was easy.

Ah, back in the days when henry's office was a smoked filled room.....

Anyway seriously if ur lost and falling behind, go talk to him. Otherwise u'll def fail and u'll be back repeating in Autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

The tutorial this week is a load of ****é. Even the people who help in the tutorials said its nothing to do with what you have learned :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

He gave us those problems to think about for the weekend and then we go to the tutorial and they give us the same problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

irlrobins wrote:
    Right, well then if ur having problems and are completely lost, go to him and say it. He's very approachable.

I was completely lost with one of his courses and he spent hours with me going over it until it all clicked into place. After that it was easy.

Ah, back in the days when henry's office was a smoked filled room.....

Anyway seriously if ur lost and falling behind, go talk to him. Otherwise u'll def fail and u'll be back repeating in Autumn.
    hmmm... yeah, I may have to do that :( I don't wanna make a fuss, though -- I'm sure lecturers have busy enough lives as it is! gah! I'm gonna sit down on the weekend and try to do this assignment myself, and if I can't, I'll go to him on Monday..

Anywho, 20 minutes til another lecture... can't wait...

*cuts wrists*

He loves it when people come to him for help. As long as its not a week b4 exam. But if u go and say ur stuck and can show that u've put some effort in he'll def help.

You can go in 2 or 3s if u like...

• Advertisement

Right, I haven't actually emailed him or anything, cos I've been kinda busy lately, but I just had a sit down an hour ago, and was able to do the 2nd assignment with relative ease!!! :eek: Maybe it was just my mind-set or somethin, lol... So I've got that nearly done, so I'm gonna give the 1st assignment a shot before I go asking for help.

I've still got the problem of not having the question sheet, though, cos I never approached Cillian (Waltons) :o Would anybody in this class be willing to type up the assignment? Or scan it in? Or take a picture with a digital camera?!

I'd appreciate it, and it'd mean I could get this out of the way, or establish that I'm not able to do it and get some help on Monday.

It's really really late now, too, so I figure even if I'm able to do it in the end, I should email him and explain everything. He might even go easy on me for the Christmas exams if he remembers my name and that I'm sh*te :o

Thanks folks, esp. irlrobins!

DaveMcG wrote:
    He might even go easy on me for the Christmas exams if he remembers my name and that I'm sh*te :o

Thanks folks, esp. irlrobins!

Its anonymous marking so he won't know you from Adam I'm afraid.

Feel free to nominate me for Most Helpful User Award!!! :p

:v:

Ahh sh*t :( I'll leave him a little note at the bottom :p "Hiya Henry... remember our time together? :o"

re: the second part -- Will do when it's nomination time ;)

So is anybody able to scan in assignment #1, or type it up...? I'd appreciate it... :o

There could be free somthing given out in class this week so turn up *crosses fingers* please be beer :D **

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

So is anybody able to scan in assignment #1, or type it up...? I'd appreciate it...
    Ill see if i can find it tonight but not sure where i left it. If i do find it ill pm ya it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

ooh! i would also like to see that assignment, so if it's any bother.......

yeah no worries ;)

forgot to lookm sorry.

Will do it first thing when i get home this afternoon :v:

I got it off Cillian on Tuesday, but thanks for the offer! :D Ruskie still needs it though... I'll scan it in after I have a little nap, if you haven't already :)

ah it all works out so as i cant find the bloody thing :D

gawwwdddd :rolleyes:

Good thing someone is responsible :p

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davemcg/Other/SWScan00010.jpg

Enjoy!

EDIT:

BTW, did anyone go to the lecture today? I wasn't there cos I was too tired, and I needed to get a nap in before a job interview :o Anything new or interesting?

it was cancelled you'll be happy to know :)

DaveMcG wrote:
    I got it off Cillian on Tuesday, but thanks for the offer! :D Ruskie still needs it though... I'll scan it in after I have a little nap, if you haven't already :)
    I know..I'm a saviour :D

B-K-DzR wrote:
    it was cancelled you'll be happy to know :)

:eek:

...I'm a happy boy :o Any reason given?
    Waltons wrote:
    I know..I'm a saviour :D

Aye, you truely are the king of kings :p I'll give you that back the next time I see you, btw. You can put it in your file :cool: (I photocopied it... and no, I haven't tried it yet, lol)

• Advertisement

Didn't see a reason for the cancellation. This is what sucks about Henry not using Blackboard. Ah well.
    That's cool, man. Give it to me the next time you see me (Next tuesday if I don't see you before then)
    My file is uber handy by the way! You would be in serious peril if it wasn't for my file :D

i got a file too....its a very large one.....looks a bit like a floor*

No reason given indeed.

*may infact be my floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I wasn't best pleased with the cancelation cos this is supposed to be my "catch up" week and so far not so good. Thanks for the assignment dave, now.....how do you do it?

Good question :p

Some suspicious variants in the marking i got today. Me and a few of my friends had "similar";) answers and one of us got 60ish one got 70ish and the other got 80+ , I mean what are they on giving such crazy grades for practically the same answer

was a new assignment given?

I missed today's. Is there another way to get the marks for this one (and the last one :p )

What's that, someone wants to post the answers to the first assignment?

:)

:(

Yeah a new assignment was given... dunno where you can get the question sheet other than Henry's office, but I'll scan it in later if you want. Since you were willing to extend me the same courtesy ;)

I'm gonna email Henry in a sec and let him know why I haven't given in the first assignment yet -- should I call him Professor or Mr, or what? :confused:

Henry is just plain ol Henry. He doesn't have a PhD so he's not a Dr or Prof.

Is Henry your best bud? :p

I wont call him anything, I'll just say, "hi..." ;)

• Advertisement

Nope... Henry is everyone's friend.... he's a nice bloke and good to talk to.

He's almost a legend in the dept....

Advertisement