Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poproxy

• 19-09-2001 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I've been spring cleaning my system and have use msconfig to get rid of all the programs I dont need on startup.
    Now I have..:

Explorer
    Poproxy
    Devldr16
    Systray
    Ahqtb

running.
    But what is poproxy and how I get it not to activate on startup.
    DemonBaby.

Just entered poproxy into Google.com and found out its a norton thingy.

but whats Devldr16 for?..
    Can i disable it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

I believe it's used by creative labs sound cards to provide support for dos applications. If you don't use anything in dos you should be able to get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Yeah Sputnik is spot on. If you have a Creative Soundblaster Card you can disable the Sound blaster 16 emulation(used for Dos games) in the System Control Panel. It free's up an IRQ aswell I think.

Not sure exactly as I'm in work but in Devices you will see an entry for your creative card and when you expand it(+) you will see the SB 16 emulation. Highlight and click properties and tick the box "Disable in this hardware profile". Reboot.

If you ever need to enable it again just untick the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

poproxy is your nav email sanner simply, the tecchies answer is that you scanner acts as a proxy through which yer mails pass through, the older versions of nav showed this clearly as they blatently changed the outlook options for mail, but the newer versions are cleaner and dont show it.

BTW, this is a good thing, let it run.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement