Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knights Of The Old Republic

Options
  • 24-10-2005 10:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

as i type this i am installing Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, a game which i honestly believe is the greatest game i have ever played.

I am aware that the third installment was either in development or shelved just before the sequel was released.

does anyone know if there is going to be a third knights?

It would be really awesome if they did in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its definitely one of my favourite games too. I only played about 4 hours of the second one though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

well imagine my gaming experience when the twist in the storyline took me entirely by surprise...i had no idea what so ever. that may make me as dumb as a stick but man was it glorious to see it all unfolding before my unsuspecting eyes :)

that is one of the major reasons it is one of my favourite games...even though some people saw it coming miles away.

+++++++++++++++

the second one really took the light/dark side decisions to the extreme....meaning if you decide to be dark side you become consumed with evil and vice versa for the light side...this really contrasts with the first one.

++++++++++++++

man i want to play a third one!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

the first one was one of the best games ive played in along time. the 2nd had alot of bugs but somepeople got lucky with it... not me however

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    the first one was one of the best games ive played in along time. the 2nd had alot of bugs but somepeople got lucky with it... not me however

It wasnt the bugs that anoyed me...it just seemed boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It wasnt the bugs that anoyed me...it just seemed boring.

It was that first level/area. It just went on, and on, and on, and on, and on. It began to sap my will to live to be honest. And it was completely simple if you picked that energy resistance power first off. Its quite simply the best power in terms of benefit/cost.

The game itself didnt open up until about 10 hours into it ( Yeah I know, someone got to the Jedi academy in like 30 minutes, what you talking about 10 hours? If it wasnt 10 hours, it *felt* like it). Before that youre completely on rails. And many of the characters were pretty boring - The Darth Maul alike, that fricking crime lord droid. You didnt get a sniff of a lightsaber for yonks either.

The only upside was by the time you got to the end, you were a complete monster, unlike in KOTOR where if you were going to beat the Malak you did it cheaply. In KOTOR2 you could go toe to toe with anyone, and their army, which was much more satisfying. I remember reading a guide warning me about a particular boss being a tough fight, but this boss was completely dominated. And I did like the final setting, seemed suitably downbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i've only started playing this again lately, just after getting the ebon hawk and am on tattoine, any idea how far into it i am?

one thing i a finding though is in the game i'm nearly broke,
    just after buying HK47 for 2500 credits and the moisutre condensors for 200
    i've only about 400 credits left.
    Aside from winning money at cards whats the best way to get money? why are items really expensive to but and then piss cheap to sell? the only new items i have are the ones i find or retrieve of dead enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Old thread revival!

That doesn't sound very far into it, Scruff. How many hours have you played so far? IIRC, both times I played it I finished it after about 25hours (did side stuff though so it can be finished quicker than that).

Best way to get money is to be evil, it's also the best way to play the game IMO, so much more fun than being a goody two-shoes :)
    I think you get money aswell for the races, can't remember how much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i've actually probably been playing it for longer than than. have done nearly all the side stories\missions so far so no wonder its taking me so long though it would be a few hours here and there spread out over the last year :o

Evil eh? Must stop having bastilla in my team so, she's such a whinny be-atch whenever ye do something bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ah Bastilla, there's a name I haven't missed.

Played through it both extremes, really nice and really evil, and I definitely preferred the evil verison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

In fairness i thought playing these games were better than watching the movies, hence my idea that they should be made into movies :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What a cooincidence...I just got this second hand on eBay (a tenner :D), installed it this afternoon and haven't been off the PC for 6 hours...I know it's an old title but the delivery and learning curve are great...be really great to see a title like this done in the like of Oblivion's gfx engine. Interesting to note the similarities to SW Galaxies, the obvious exception being that this game seems pretty balanced :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

the obvious exception being that this game seems pretty balanced

I dunno, scout duel wielding pistols/high dex/int and progress to Watchman (or similar - the "medium" Jedi - its been a while) FTW tbh. Oh and Light all the way. For the final fight all you need is throw lightsaber, speed and healing. His saves are far too good for harmful/dark side powers to be consistently effective. And anyway, darksiders are fugly. Vader didnt wear a mask because he was too pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

you have all convinced me to re install this game and finish it =P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i think im convinsed aswell i am a lazy basted ive had a 256mb grafix card under my bed and ive been too busy/lazy to install it i might do it tomorrow morning ive been dying to play the game for a ges if anyone hears of anything about the kotor 3 then post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played about 8hrs of this but stopped playing it. I don't knoe, I just found it crushingly dull compared to JRPGs. I'll have to give it another chance but it just didn't do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Bastilla. Yes I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Played about 8hrs of this but stopped playing it. I don't knoe, I just found it crushingly dull compared to JRPGs. I'll have to give it another chance but it just didn't do it for me.
    I got bored with it too at around the point where I got to the big water planet...

I did play all the way though KOTOR 2 though... dear lord it had a a terrible ending.

I'll have to go back to KOTOR at some stage though... maybe I'll take it with me on holiday next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

loved the first one, waiting till after exams to play the second.

third one would be good providing they stick gameplay to that of the first....

0_0

Advertisement