Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wireless

• 24-10-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Okay, I think this question is probably a bit too simplistic but...............

My girlfriend got the BB package from Eircom. She recieved the wireless modem but what does she need to get for her laptop to take advantage of the wireless functionality??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

if her laptop has no wireless devise inside you would need one of these
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=306153&cks=PRL

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Or if it is a recent laptop it may have built in wireless and she may just need to turn it on:) what model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Not too sure what type of laptop it is (besides the fact that it is a Compaq and tiny) but I don't reckon that it's all that powerful. It's probably roughly 2yrs old I'd guess.

I'd say that the best bet is to buy that network card. Cheers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Vyse wrote:
    Not too sure what type of laptop it is (besides the fact that it is a Compaq and tiny) but I don't reckon that it's all that powerful. It's probably roughly 2yrs old I'd guess.

I'd say that the best bet is to buy that network card. Cheers.

They had laptop cards in Argos for about 34 euros a while ago might be worth a look.

Advertisement