Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online banking & european transfers.

Options
  • 24-10-2005 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any of the banks offering online banking have the facilty to carry out pan-european transfers (using BIC & IBAN codes) without the nonsense of having to register the account first?

E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

Do you mean banks in Ireland that allow these transfers or Europe as a whole? If you mean Ireland i'd also like to know if there are any.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't think any of the banks allow you to do it online (I could be wrong), but I know AIB will allow to make these transfers via telephone banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

I am looking for banks in Ireland that provide this service.
    I've just come back from living on the continent for a few years and such a facility is standard with online banking over there.
    I do not see why Irish banks cannot provide it either...

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

mayhem# wrote:
    I've just come back from living on the continent for a few years and such a facility is standard with online banking over there.
    I do not see why Irish banks cannot provide it either...

E.
    Laziness.
    As has been said you can do it with AIB using their phone banking but not internet banking "for security reasons".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm afraid you're out of luck then. Maybe someday, when the banks feel like getting around to it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement