Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WHo Here Hates Thongs/Gstrings!

• 25-10-2005 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I used to wear em all the time.. but noe I love my boxer style, french maid knickers.

It looks so much better when someone bends over and some nice lacy black underwear is shownin...n NOT a ming thong!

What do u think!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thongs..... *ow*
    Why would anyone want to wear something that uncomfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

thank you!! i cannot wear these pieces of string.. love my 'boy shorts' style and comfy knickers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

they are horrible. I wear "french maid" style or boy shorts too. I hate the way they ride upwards defying gravity and especially hate it when people purposely show them off. Wasnt the whole point of the thong, was so that your underwear wasnt noticable under your clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah, gotta love those classy birds displaying their gee strings.

those boy shorts things look nice, on girls.

that WAS the point of thongs, to get rid of VPL?? there's nothin worse than seeing a girl with a bit of weight on her wearin thongs, i know myself id be one of these girls who wouldnt suit them so i dont wear them for that reason also, but mainly cos they;re SO uncomfortable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well depends really- I mean VLP aint xactly the biggest turn on IMHO.... I'm all for the french knickers and boxer shorts, but I'd rather wear a thong and not have attention drawn to my ass ,then wear a pair of french knickers and have lines all over the place and a neon sign effect that draws eyes to my derrier..:p They aint the prettiest or eloquent of things I agree but they do the job. Personally I'm just as comfortable in both. Don't get me started on the diamante ones tho...really who thought of that:rolleyes:
    As for when I know I'm bedroom bound then its something a lil prettier

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Used to wear boxers but now I have gone over to the Thongs/Gstrings side of things and I'm never going back.They are just so snug.Am I the only one who finds them really comfortable??Plus sometimes I like to feel like i'm wearing something sexy.You know how it is girls?

*Hugs and Kisses*

:p at tar aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i dont know any guys who find VPL off putting honestly, better than a junky trunk with a string riding up the back, so awful and tacky lookin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

With jeans I always wear thongs. It's so annoying trying to shove hotpants or any other knickers like that with tight jeans. They don't fit properly and bunch up inside. When I wear anything loose fitting I wear boyshorts and that kind of thing because otherwise the material tends to cling in a funny way making the trousers kind of follow the line of the thong if you get what I mean? Like jusr sorta clinging to your ass in an unflattering way. It just depends what you're wearing. If I wear skirts as well I make sure to wear big knickers just in case there are any unfortunate gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It all depends on your outfit doesn't it? Thongs, briefs and boxers all have their place in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Have gone off g-strings but only slightly! I dont find them uncomfortable, decent ones wont ride the ass off ye - cheapo ones will!!
    I love the sexy bikini knickers now instead, although if im wearing tight jeans or white trousers, its g-string time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Oh g bangers ALL the way here!!! ;)

The only time I wear the boy leg knickers are in bed...but the g's are all I wear.... far more comfy IMO!! Bonds make the best ones....

:)

LadyLotts wrote:
    If I wear skirts as well I make sure to wear big knickers just in case there are any unfortunate gusts.

always...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i like thongs myself, i find them quite comfy and good for with tight jeans. i would never wear them up around my waist just to show them off though (although sometimes they can peep out accidently!) i also like silky-short type underwear, v-comfy and also dont tend to leave lines. suppose it depends on the occasion and who's going to be seeing them ;):p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

[stonecutter's chant]

Who wears skirts on windy nights?
    Who begins to wish they had tights?
    The wind starts blowing and who gets a fright?
    we do!
    who hates thongs and Gstringggssss???
    we do,WE DOOO!!!!!

[/stonecutter's chant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Has anyone seen the edible ones? You know, the thongs made out of those candy necklaces? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Here is a guys opinion on this .

I think Thongs/Gstrings are kinda of expected now , but when a girl is wearing them french knickers its a luxury and a nice surprise ;)

French knickers FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Sarge wrote:
    French knickers FTW

what does FTW mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

FTW = For The Win

means they are th best basically :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I've never been a thong/g-string fan, always preferred french knickers. I've never worn something so tight that VPL was ever an issue. i like loose comfy jeans I can move in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

i think i just found the perfect board!
    i like both thongs and knickers on women...i have to agree with tSubh Dearg, the french underwear is excellent...and the french women take it very seriously too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

boxers, french knickers, thongs - they all serve a purpose and I like to wear all of the above - although not at the same time obviously! :)
    Thongs are great when u dont want a visible panty line, boxers are great for day to day, french knickers are great for showing of.... and sometimes thongs are good show off pants too! (although obviouslt the only person I will be showing them to is my sexy boyfriend!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I like my thongs a lot because I hate having VPL, I think it's rotten looking.. But I tend to buy hotpants now if I'm buying underwear, they are much more comfy and hold a more rounded ass well! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I hate thongs, it's very hard to make them look good IMO

my personal preferance is a woman in tight boxers *droolz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I can't stand thongs,
    I'd rather has VPL anyday that a piece of string rammed up my ass.
    Plus my ass needs ... support.... to say the least
    And me fella thinks thongs are slutty looking (he's a bit old fashioned at times)
    so they're a big no no for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Marts wrote:
    woman in tight boxers *droolz*

Yeah they're v.nice!
    However, if a girl has a good body(ass in particular), a thong looks nice too :D

Fat girls in thongs/gstrings, even so much as the sight of the string a little over the top of their jeans is rotten though(cause you KNOW what it'd look like) :(

Wouldn't fancy trying to wear a thong though, though some girls I know find them comfortable.
    The tight boxers have to be the best :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The right kind of thongs are so comfortable. Either you're buying them too small or too stringy.
    I don't wear anything but them. You get a horrible line if you wear anything vaguely tight otherwise. Not a classy look. VPL only occurs if you wear low cut trousers. No danger otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thongs would be most favourite underwear on a woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thongs are so 2004 man.

I like frilly little M&S style panties that are spotlessly clean and fresh!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

there's nothin worse than seeing a girl with a bit of weight on her wearin thongs
    Yes there is! It is worse when you work in a clothes shop that has an uncubicled changing room and you have to sit in to make sure nobody steals anything and a fat knacker comes in to try on a pair of jeans and she's wearing a thong that's too small for her... UGGGGHHH I hated that job!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh and my vote goes for French knickers, love them! I only wear thongs if I'm wearing tight trousers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I like this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Hate them too, they are so uncomforable!! Its French knickers or those nice fitting boxers for me all the way.

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote:
    Yes there is! It is worse when you work in a clothes shop that has an uncubicled changing room and you have to sit in to make sure nobody steals anything and a fat knacker comes in to try on a pair of jeans and she's wearing a thong that's too small for her... UGGGGHHH I hated that job!

aw i dont envy ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

tar aldarion im with ya i used to be a knickers girl but went to thongs and never go back much more comfortable and theres no vpl. nothing worse than a girl in a lovely pair of tight trousers with a big vpl on show. i never show my thong out of my jeans though that does look awful. love the french knickers too

Advertisement