Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handgun licence.

Options
  • 25-10-2005 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

What's the situation with regards to getting a licence to own a large caliber (9mm or .44) handgun in Ireland?
    Are there certain circumstances in which this is allowed?

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Have a quick browse around the shooting section - there are lots of posts about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Perfectly possible to licence a handgun here in Ireland now, but not easy.
    I've 'met' handguns in .22LR, 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP over the last couple of years.

I don't know if anyone has licenced a .44 here yet. I know there are a few .44 handgun calibres, but this is what most people think of when you say ".44 handgun"-
    ezrc5z.gif
    Might not pass the "idontlikedalookodat" test in the Super's office :)

As civdef says, there are loads of threads here about handguns, have a look around.
    Oh, and welcome to the 'shooting' forum hug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Can you explain a bit about the procedure for a licence application?

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

Type Pistol License into the Search bar at the top in the main Shooting section and prepare for a wealth of experience, heart ache, blood, sweat and tears.

Just like any test, if you're not prepared prepare to fail and when it comes to a firearms license in this country you can fail miserably if you don't have everything.

Note to admin, put up a sticky on these FAQs, I've a feeling pistols are going to get a lot more popular.

Advertisement