Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio transmitter

Options
  • 25-10-2005 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

IM looking for a cheap set up to transmit audio out from PC to hifi system. Any one know of anything on the market that I could use. Don’t want one of those FM transmitters that can be picked up in the neighbours house.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

I have one of these (the wired one) that I'm not using - its not exactly what you're looking for but at least your neighbours won't be able to listen in... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I wouldn't recomend using FM transmitters atall,the quality of audio will always be only to FM standard and unless you can fiddle with the graphic equalizer on your PC,you may come out with distorted sound.

Transmission from units via cable is always the best bet

You could use a cable with a headphone jack on one end connected to your PC,and an audio RCA jack(red and white) connected to your hifi (available in maplins,peats or ebay for cheaper deals).You can also get extensions for these if your PC isn't close to your hifi.I run my laptop to my surround sound this way and it works perfect

Advertisement