Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm repair

Options
  • 25-10-2005 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I have an 11 year old car with a faulty alarm that's probably as old. Think it's an after-market alarm by the looks of the remote. Its all hooked up to the central locking and I want to get it fixed.

Called a place on the northside and they said they would rip it out and start again - without even looking at it. I would rather somone had a bash at fixing it cos I dont want to fork out over 250 quid if it's unecessary.

Basically, the alarm is going off when it shouldn't. Maybe it just needs adjusting. Also, the remote fob is knackered so this will need replacing too.

It's a Sigma alarm.

Anyone know someone who would be willing to look at this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

could be something simple e.g. loose sensor , loose connection

i would do the same and replace it, unless is something stupid

would only spend 10min on it and then rip it out.

when it goes again , you will be back to the guy and he doesn't want that

plus you may not be able to get replacement fob.

it would be cheaper to buy on of these Argos alarms instead of getting guy to fix it

Advertisement