Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Bike Questions as me

Options
  • 25-10-2005 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Im the Bike Doctor i know alot about bikes because of Family Business any questions about things id be gladly help u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

That's confidence inspiring...

Instead of waiting for questions why not just tell us some useful tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Les_Paul wrote:
    any questions about things id be gladly help u

Can I have some money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Les_Paul

no u cant ha ha and what type of advise would u like

I want to build up an old (1995) Raleigh Dynatech frame as a fixed gear bike. What rear hub and BB combination do I need to get a good chainline?

well that would depend what groupset u have on the bike as campag and mavic dont mix,that an old carbon fibre frame ? well patial ? usually most cyclist go for a 39 - 53 chainwheel.id say stick to all original groupset parts and dont mix and match never works u cant really fine tune them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

Les_Paul wrote:
    usually most cyclist go for a 39 - 53 chainwheel.
    On a fixed?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mucco wrote:
    On a fixed?

agreed, doesn't seem to be much of a expert does he :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Single speed,call it a singlespeed,maybe that will strike a chord!

theres always an asshole isint there,my oldman owns irelands leading bike retail and wholesale shop ok.i dont work for him but know a fair bit about bikes from my time working there

I noticed my back wheel was a bit wobbly on the way to work this morning. What should I do?

• Advertisement

Les_Paul wrote:
    theres always an asshole isint there,my oldman owns irelands leading bike retail and wholesale shop ok.i dont work for him but know a fair bit about bikes from my time working there

there certainly is and I think we all know who..

ur wheel could be loose or ur axel in rear hub may be nackered it would depend on how much its moving.could even be the axel may be lose ud need cone spanners to tighten that up as normal spanners bit to chunky maybe a size 17 should do it

davey tell ye what ? just dont even post on this thread ok.

im trying to do a good thing here not promote my dads business if i was id have done it or i aint looking for money ok so please grow up

If I can't have money (go I bet bet you have some to spare), answer me this please: How do I stop V brakes from wailing in the wet? Sometimes I just don't want to stop, the embarassment! :o

unfortunately all brakes squeak in the rain so no solution there other than go in wet ?

****ing muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Anyone else wondering what the hell is going on here?

You are so lucky you aren't trying to promote your dads business as it would fail in moments. Do you know anything at all? Go play soccer or something, you know nothing.

he's the biggest wholesale and retailer in ireland so he dont need promotions.

u asked why v brakes squeak didnt you ? well all brakes will squeak no way of stoping it all together or maybe ur wheel is buckled like ur head an rubbing of brake shoes

i'm getting a big sense of deja vu, pity search isn't working, there was someone on here a while back going on and on about his dad, total troll, it was actually like someone had something against this business and was trying to make them look like they were idiots by associating with them.
    this is the same thing again...

think there might have been a ban at the time but can't remember for sure.

If I can't have money (go I bet bet you have some to spare), answer me this please: How do I stop V brakes from wailing in the wet? Sometimes I just don't want to stop, the embarassment! :o

toeing the brake pads in a bit should help a lot..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Les_Paul wrote:
    unfortunately all brakes squeak in the rain so no solution there other than go in wet ?

****ing muppet

You might want to stop abusing people, so far you've abused two people in this thread....not a good start tbh
    Les_Paul wrote:
    he's the biggest wholesale and retailer in ireland so he dont need promotions.

Really, I hadn't read that three times already that your dads business was the biggest most popular super bike shop/wholesale in the whole of Ireland.
    Seriously give it a rest :)

• Advertisement

Thanks daveym, I know how to fix it, it twas just a tester for that chap. One he failed spectacularly too.

Thanks daveym, I know how to fix it, it twas just a tester for that chap. One he failed spectacularly too.

figured as much alright, but no harm ;)

ive already mailed admin about you's takin the piss and answer to ur question davey no it wasnt me ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

squealing brakes can be fixed, clean ur rims with fine fine sandpaper. maybe get new brake blocks.

your wheel is most likely buckled, bring it to a proper bike shop and they mite be able to salvage ur rim. you could do it urself but its tedious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What's the safe working load for carrier on the back of bike ?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

What's the largest disk I can put on my Pace RC31s?

M

How do I stop my seat from spinning around, sometimes its so bad i'm cycling backwards :eek:

How do I setup up a Vanilla DH for 6 - 10ft drops and bouncing off big feckin rocks after the landing?
    What weight oil would you reccommend in Monster T's for drops?
    Tioga 2.7" or Maxxis 2.5" tyres?

if you do have a technical question I would recommend http://mbul.csn.ul.ie and asking there, a good few wizzkids who'll sort ya out.

• Advertisement

I would rather a reply from our self confessed resident know-it-all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement