Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steely Dan Covers Band Requires Musicians

• 25-10-2005 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Lead singer/Keyboard player (1 or both) and guitarist to join drummer bassit and guitarist to form working covers band.
    Dublin area ,age sex not important must love the music have jazz chops and no hangups.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

What I'd give to play a load of Steely Dan toons alas you already have the bass sorted. Gimme a shout when you get your stuff together and I'll be in to see ya. And in the meantime your bassist should break a string or something, gimme another shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Garrard

Cheers for the reply JacoStanley
    yeah we got the bass sorted and should be great to play all the Dan tunes live cant wait till it comes together and will give you a shout.
    Hows the old singing voice JacoStanley ? wud u be into giving some Donald Fagen style vocals a pop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Can't stop singing the tunes but I'd defo be no donald fagan. I'd be just about good enough for some backing vocals I reckon.

Cool nuff you might just be being modest there, if you or anyone else still wants to try out the plan is to get a core band working very well first as in 2 guitars,bassist,drummer keys & singer. Then add the icing on the cake which will be horn players backing singers purcussionists etc.
    So if you wanna try out drop me a mail and we'll sort something out then.

garrardhobson@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Malachiconstant

The Dan Rock!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont play Bad Sneakers, I'll hang myself.

• Advertisement

He He
    Yep Bad sneakers is on the cards alright were trying out a keys player on Wednesday so looks like this will be coming together very soon will post something on boards when we get it together.

Nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Cool I would love to jam with ye but dont have the chops for it ...yet :-(

Better play Kid Charlemagne too !
    I'm still workin on that dastardly solo...Larry Carlton is the man....one of the best solos ever !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 battery

hey im a huge steely dan Im a veteran singer and although I dont play keyboards Im a natural for steely Dan stuff .Im 21 and love all things steely dan hope to hear from you guys

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cadobell

sent pm

Advertisement