Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request]Use relative links on front page

Options
  • 25-10-2005 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

was just wondering if you could use relative links on the latest posts section. My work has blocked www.boards.ie/* but I can still get on my using anything.boards.ie. Trouble is the links in the latest posts table are hard coded to www.boards.ie/*

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You may have missed his point there, Gordon. Even if you go to http://pie.boards.ie/ , the links in the "latest posts" section are still hard-coded to use the "www." subdomain whereas they should ideally be relative links (e.g.: a href="/vbulletin/showthread.php?..." instead of a href="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?..." )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Also- in the lastest posts list (on the home page), the forum names link to the thread. Shouldn't they link to the forum itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah right, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When people are posting links, can they please use the www.boards.ie hostname, as when you link using boards.ie or pie.boards.ie, I'm viewing the page logged out, kthxbye.

Yeah, this is probably a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

tbh, the front page, 'newest post list' is fvcked. it seems to update every half an hour rather than continuously, which is totally crap. clicking on the forum name brings you to the post, not to the forum. there are lots of other crazy little random glitches and gremlins i've noticed since the upgrade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Hehe, we are so picky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ferdi wrote:
    tbh, the front page, 'newest post list' is fvcked. it seems to update every half an hour rather than continuously, which is totally crap. clicking on the forum name brings you to the post, not to the forum. there are lots of other crazy little random glitches and gremlins i've noticed since the upgrade...
    That's cos it's pulling info from an RSS feed, not pulling it straight from the database as was the case back in the day...

One would assume it's to reduce the load on the database server, it only has to pull data every 5 minutes or something instead of every time someone opens the www.boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Yeah, front page is back to the way I like it!!Well done to whoever is in charge around here, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement