Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gigs en route to Galway

Options
  • 25-10-2005 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Just thought id share some of my excitement in hearing that Bloc Party is having a Gig in Galway on the 08-11-05 in the Blackbox theatre hopefully this could be the start of more BIG Gigs coming here? was wonderin has any1 heard anything new about the proposed 8000 seater arena for Galway. I read on the Limerick boards that it could be going there! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

isn't the bloc party gig ... a heinekin greenroom sessions invite only thing ?? or am I wrong ?

Death in Vegas played the radisson before ... wasn't bad ...

groove armada playing cuba end of november

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tara Blaise is playing 7th november in the roisin dubn.Tickets should be 10-15e
    For nuig students,rodrigo y gabriela on the 15th of november.
    I'll be attending both. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Juliet Turner
    21 Nov 2005
    Roisin Dubh
    http://www.julietturner.com/sound.html

damn ... roisins has got a nice line up ... for november / december

The Complete Stone Roses
    Four Tet
    The Devlins
    The 4 Of Us
    Brendan Benson
    Hothouse Flowers
    Damien Dempsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Hothouse Flowers
    When?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'm looking forward to Fourtet :)

ARGINITE wrote:
    When?

hothouse flowers play .. 16th and 17th december ...
    friday and saturday ... apparantly ... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tara blaise,cancelled in roisin dubh...she should let them know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 prguru

Yeah cant wait, got my tickets!!! Plus got tickets for the aftershow party in GPO....gonna be a good night!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hmmmm.... how about The Violent Femmes in the Roisin Dubh next February (24th)?

Members only.

Also - Bob Mould (Husker Du, Sugar) plays a solo acoustic gig at the start of February (3rd I think).

Oh yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Also - Bob Mould (Husker Du, Sugar) plays a solo acoustic gig at the start of February (3rd I think).

Oh yeah.

Oooh, now that sounds interesting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

Brendan benson cancelled im afraid hopes to be back by new year.

Rodrigo Y Gabriela are playing ind ecember in the black box have to cheak dates ..

just went and cheaked its the 3 of dec that'd be brill

ah sweet cant go see them in college cos it's a friends birthday,good news on the black box front \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Anima wrote:
    I'm looking forward to Fourtet :)

Yeah I like the guy but the fact that all he has on stage with him is a laptop is an extreme disappointment. I'd like to hear if you enjoy the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

He uses 2 laptops and his guitar for live sets I think. Should be good anyway.

I'll post back after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

got tickets for tomorrow's gig but was wondering how do you get the invite for the GPO

Advertisement