Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting

Options
  • 25-10-2005 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭

Members of The Families Like Ours parenting group recently recognised that their issues are to an extent invisible in society and the media in particular. They are requesting people who have experience on these issues to be available to speak about them.

"We all know how difficult it is to get positive representations of LGBT people into the media. They call the same few people to cover issues or they can't find anyone to talk about an issue so they don't cover it at all. So, we're calling on members of the community who are parents, prospective parents or want in the future to have parenting roles to get in touch so that we can have a sort of panel of people the press can contact in order to cover issues around LGBT parenting

If you are well able to get your message across and are interested please email representations@gmail.com "

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Uhm, any more details? They're an Irish group? Got a contact number and persons name?

EDIT: Forgot to add that I think this is a good idea. People need to see that LGBT parents are a reality and are just as good as Heterosexual parents.

Advertisement