Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Expansion Pack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

anyone who didnt know this 2 months ago is a noob :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Thats what I get for being lazy and not checking the previous threads

Sorry......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Looks good, I can't wait for it to come out... I like the night maps and the grappling hooks... ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

grappling hooks though are only for the special forces kit (I read in an interview).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

jaggeh wrote:

just call me a noob then :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ponster wrote:
    grappling hooks though are only for the special forces kit (I read in an interview).

Isn't the expansion pack called "Special Forces"?
    Wouldnt that mean everyone in the game is wearing a special forces kit...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Keyzer wrote:
    Isn't the expansion pack called "Special Forces"?
    Wouldnt that mean everyone in the game is wearing a special forces kit...

Taken from TotalBF2 :

Assault Kit -gets FlashBangs and Grapling hooks to CLIMB buildings/structures

Anti-Tank Kit -gets Grapling hooks to CLIMB buildings/structures

Sniper and SpecOps Kit get ZipLine to DESCEND from buildings/structures

Support Kit gets Teargas Launcher

Eng and Medic get Nothing

Ponster wrote:
    Taken from TotalBF2 :

Assault Kit -gets FlashBangs and Grapling hooks to CLIMB buildings/structures

Anti-Tank Kit -gets Grapling hooks to CLIMB buildings/structures

Sniper and SpecOps Kit get ZipLine to DESCEND from buildings/structures

Support Kit gets Teargas Launcher

Eng and Medic get Nothing

Thats pretty poor imo....
    I expected a lot more new kit than that.

Something tells me I wont be buying this pack anyway -

Taken from the Planet Battlefield2 Forums...

saw this info on totalbf2 forums:

On a dutch site, there is a preview about BF2:SF , it's in dutch but I will translate the most important things for you guys, FYI they got an official trial verion of the game for testing, BUT i will tell you this is a site who gives fair reviews, for example of BF2 they said :" great game but put down with tons of bugs and glitches"

- the concept is the same offcourse, capturing flags, and there are six army's to do this ; US; England, Rusia; MEC, rebels and another kind of rebels , so no chinees guys here , and another remark, the MEC and the russian are using the exact same weapons as the MEC in BF2 , only the rocket launcher is changed.

- offcourse you have the extra's like grapple hook, tear gass, flash bang and stuff, but everybody already knew this.

- the rocket launchers have more splash damage, you can even blow several vehicles up with one rocket due to splash damage (they say it gives some nice ingame views).

- material penetration is a real feature now, hiding behind a concreet wall is more safe then hiding after some wooden boxes or metal plates for example

NOW THE DOWN SIDE , THE VERY DOWN SIDE :
    offcourse it's a preview version but hear this out.
    -Game has serious memory problems, sometimes the game won't run smoot at all or even not playable
    -they had some blue screens during testing of the game
    - and they had to reset there BIOS once (can you believe this, how a program sucks this hard it even mess up your BIOS)
    - two of the three preview maps weren't even playable due to bugs .

There overall end comment, DICE has tons of work to do here, the expansion is far from ready, and if you know how long they worked on 1.03 before it came out and it even didn't solve most technical problems with the game they fear the wurst .......

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Feck sake, they have to spend so much time fixing bugs they haven`t bothered changing the game. This "expansion pack" sounds terrible, they`ve changed so little, if I do try it, there is NO CHANCE I`m paying for it !!

• Advertisement

Ruffty^ wrote:
    Feck sake, they have to spend so much time fixing bugs they haven`t bothered changing the game. This "expansion pack" sounds terrible, they`ve changed so little, if I do try it, there is NO CHANCE I`m paying for it !!

I hear ye brother...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

jaggeh wrote:

Yeah, he's a total noob! I taught him everything he knows!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Official Site is now live here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Any mods wanna change name of thread to BF2 Special Forcesinstead of Expansion.

Advertisement