Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winhlp32.exe

• 22-12-1999 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

dunno what it is about this machine but it always says theres not enough memory to run winhlp32.exe, reinstalling windows does fix it for a little while, but the problem always comes back :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

When does this happen?
    I had the same problem a while back...
    It would happen every time I'd open a help file...(no $hit!)... can't remember what I did to fix it sad.gif but if the problem comes back a littel while after a reinstall, then I'd put it down to a program you installed.

Oh wait, NOW I remember!
    See what I did was this...
    I restored the 'winhlp32' file from the original Windows ".cab"s from the Windows CD (Winzip will let you open the cabs btw).

After I restored it, the help file was working fine for a while, but the same thing happened again a few days later.

I noticed that the original file was smaller than the current (corrupted) file.

So I decided to run a virus scan.
    The Virus scan found that 'winhlp32' was infected, along with dozens of other files.

After a quick virus cleaning, I was able to restore the affected files (as above) and the problem never arose again! smile.gif

So Install a Virus checker and you should be fine.

-Dead{o}Santa 1999

-Free Pr0n Linkz-
    http://www.gibworld.com/grotto

Advertisement