Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor sim in Vodaphone phone

• 25-10-2005 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭

I got my hands on a vodaphone branded sagem phone. I tried to put in my meteor sim card just to see if it would work.

I heard, but don't know if is true, that all new phones are not locked by the phone networks.

When I insert the sim and turn on the phone, I could enter my pin and it comes up correct. However it then comes up with a message saying that my simcard it locked. I tried entering my puk code but nothing happened.

Maybe meteor sims can only work in certain phones, I don't know...

It allows me to enter a code two digits longer than my sim, if this code is wrong it starts counting down......

Anyone any ideas on whats happening here, is it possible to get this set-up working

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

styer wrote:
    I heard, but don't know if is true, that all new phones are not locked by the phone networks.
    yes they are

the phone is locked to voda. i hope you haven't tried the puk where the unlock code is supposed to go more than 5 times because after that it can never be unlocked by a code, only a cable.

get someone who has a vodafone chip and ask them to phone up vodafone and ask for the unlock code. if the person has spent more than 127 (?) credit they're /supposed/ to give it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Depending on what type of fone the voda one is it may be unlockable for free!

Most nokias (apart form 6680 + 6630) are unlockable for free

Google is your friend!

Or the unlocking Sticky here :rolleyes:

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mik_da_man -> I'm sure he mentioned Sagem along there somewhere ;)

Try Vimes suggestion - but don't listen to the first 2 operators who tell you it's not possible, it'll take 3 years or you need to give them your granny in exchange. Keep ringing up and speaking to someone else until someone reads it off the screen for you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ciaranfo wrote:
    mik_da_man -> I'm sure he mentioned Sagem along there somewhere ;)

He dure Did:rolleyes:

Think i'll have to actually read posts before i reply!!!:eek:

Mik

Advertisement