Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest on United Injury List

• 25-10-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

with the chelsea game fast approaching, we need a better squad than what we have a the moment. saha and browne are due back against barnet tomorrow night, so that is a plus. however, with vital premiership games coming up, its more the likes of neville,keane, giggs that we need back . giggs is out for 2 months semingly, and heinze is gone for the season, so does anybody know what the story is with ole gunnar, fortune, neville and keane?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Citizen Neville was interviewed on MUTV last night - he says he'll be back training within 2 weeks so maybe thrown back into the frey another 2 weeks after that? Bardlsey's fitting in nicely at right back though I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody reckon with a good season, bardsley could challenge neville for a united place and then ultimately, nevilles place on the england team for the world cup?doubtful i think, but he is getting better and better after a slow debut against blackburn, he has been unreal lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Saha is out for a while pulled up in training with a hamstring complaint.

Saha comeback on hold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah just heard about saha, pity as he is going to need a lot of games to get back fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

saha,what a waste of money,average player and spends more time injured than darren[sick note]anderton,we also need neville back as soon as possible,i was at the game on saturday and the defence is a sham,RIO is a joke in the back line at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

SteM wrote:
    Citizen Neville
    Classic :D

Rio is a joke full stop. Devalues the United shirt every time he pulls it on.

Bardsley is looking great at RB. I really like that sort of player in a back line, busy, tough and fairly quick to boot.

Saha seems like a bad buy so far. I was never too impressed with him at Fulham, certainly he was the star of that team but did he ever really have the talent required to make it somehwere like Old Trafford? However having said all that, he has never really gotten the run in the United team needed to judge him so I would be wary of critiscising him too much. Although the more time he spends on the bench, the less time us fans will have for him.

Ole will never be the amazing player he was, he'll come back for a while, maybe abag a goal or two and be given and amazing send off. Not someone to rely on to solve our current problems though.

O' Shea on the other hand is better off on the injury bench than he is on the pitch! I was a huge supporter of his at the start of his United time and through his first season but he hasn't made the improvements over the last two years that he should have. Not good enough for a United starting XI. Not by a long shot.

Giggs is a big loss for us, but I think Park is a decent replacement - not n the long term but when I see Park's name on the starting sheet, I'm fairly confident that he will produce a decent performance.

Rooney isn't as great as he is portrayed at times. Great talent but not a true class act just yet. Given time however he could be. Too much pressure is put on him to be the creative force in the United team, a job that Scholes has been shirking this year after being the major midfield creator over the last 5 or more seasons for United.

Add to all that, a replacement needed for Keane and the future isn't too bright for us. Smith is great at times, but not a consistent enough performer to take that important place in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We are getting Ledley King and Ballack to sort out the midfield for next season
    (me gets down on his knee's and pray's)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I know this is a thread about united injury list but i'd just like to say that United are so poor at the moment that i now know what its been like for liverpool fans for the last 10 years.

county wrote:
    saha,what a waste of money,average player and spends more time injured than darren[sick note]anderton,we also need neville back as soon as possible,i was at the game on saturday and the defence is a sham,RIO is a joke in the back line at the moment

I don't know what's happening with Rio at the moment. You would have thought that now we have a confident keeper who is playing out of his skin at the moment that it would have instilled confidence in United's backline but it hasn't and they look nervy.

JOS is not the player he promised to be a few seasons ago, the only good thing you can say about Silvestre is he weighs in with a few goals in a season which is more than can be said for the main culprit Ferdinand.

Can't see Spurs letting Ledley King go cheaply next season and Ballack needs to decide where he wants to be - I really can't see him leaving Bayern for United though.

Fuppin knew that Saha would do himself an injury again. I feel sorry for him because he seemed like a good buy when he arrived at first but he's had no luck with injuries at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Jos played quite well against spurs on saturday i thought. Especially in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Jos played quite well against spurs on saturday i thought. Especially in the first half.

I must have been watching a different match............cos i thought he was absolutely MUCK again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

John O'Shea.......... . .

[Wont even waste my time]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

KdjaC wrote:
    Thats ****ing class

jank wrote:
    Thats ****ing class

but very true

jank wrote:
    [Wont even waste my time]

^^Was that not a waste of time?

anybody hear how bad the latest louis saha injury is?its frustrating for us, imagine how p****d off he must feel. hope he gets back on track soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Saha only has a slight strain. Not going to be risked tonight. I'd bet he'll make his first start of the season debut in the next round.

I'd say Bardsley would be well capable of doing a job at LB when Neville returns.

Park needs a run in the team, and he looks to be worth a good run. If he continues to be used just for bits and pieces of games, he's bound to be erratic. Puts too much pressure on you to perform in those bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

B-K-DzR wrote:

Have to say i agree with you. The rest of the season he has been pure shiiite but on saturday he wasnt bad, neither were Scholes or Smith.

On saturday i thought rooney was quite-ish (for him) as was Ruud. And Fletcher was his usual **** self.

Cant get 7/8 guys to play well together, thats our problem.

Looking forward to seeing rossi, pique, blake and martin getting a run tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

We're heading over to the Chelsea game in 2 weeks and I was hoping some players could be back in contention by then. It's not looking likely that Neville will make it now though. I think he would provide the vocal kick up the ass the team is missing at the moment , Rio was highly overrated and we got badly scalded paying 30 million for him, just as we did with Veron .

Saha has been a large disappointment up till now but am I alone on boards in thinking Ruud is a lazy ba$tard ?? Sure he is lethal in the 6 yd box but his work rate just isn't good enough. I'd like to see Saha pushin him for a place but knowing Alex he'll probably take Boy Wonder outta the team when Saha's fit , only minutes here and there mind you !!

On the topic of getting scalded in the transfer market , someone told be Gonzo (Phil Thompson) is quoted as saying in his book that Pool had agreed a fee of 4 million for Ronaldo a week or 2 before we bought him !! Sporting were desprate to cash in on him .

Suppose the same thing is happening to Chelski now.

• Advertisement

i must agree with you about ruud,i think the ball boys got more touches of the ball on sat than he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

On the topic of getting scalded in the transfer market , someone told be Gonzo (Phil Thompson) is quoted as saying in his book that Pool had agreed a fee of 4 million for Ronaldo a week or 2 before we bought him !! Sporting were desprate to cash in on him .

Suppose the same thing is happening to Chelski now.

This is old news.....Chelsea came out as well saying there where offered him for 5 million the week before Utd bid 12mil for him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

am I alone on boards in thinking Ruud is a lazy ba$tard ?? Sure he is lethal in the 6 yd box but his work rate just isn't good enough. I'd like to see Saha pushin him for a place but knowing Alex he'll probably take Boy Wonder outta the team when Saha's fit , only minutes here and there mind you !!

He has scored at least one goal in 7 of the 9 games he's played in so far in the premiership and he's gotten 1 assist in one of the games he didn't score.

Yeah you're right, get rid of him for Sicknote.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I tell you what this injury crisis does tell you.
    Fergie must rate Liam Miller as highly as a set of a Daschunds balls.

When they were drawing at home in the Champions League, he nearly looked into the crowd for a replacement, rather than bring Liam Miller on.

I can't say if Miller is good enough for United (probably not), but he surely has to move on now and take a chance somewhere else.

O'Neill is no mug, so there must be something to Miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

thinking Ruud is a lazy ba$tard ??
    Thats the kind of striker he is tho. He will do nothing for ages then pop up and score.
    I dont think hes a lazy bastard tho, playing up front by yourself is tough. I still remember vs Madrid a few years back, he was the only manu player still giving 110% after the second went in. He gave us a glimmer of hope for the return leg. I'll always remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Saha has been a large disappointment up till now but am I alone on boards in thinking Ruud is a lazy ba$tard ??

As suggested above this is the type of player Ruud is.....Van Basten was the same....could do nothing for 80 mins and then score 3 in 5 mins!! Ruud is the same!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

[PHP]Thats the kind of striker he is tho.[/PHP]

Okay I concede you are probably right but it is frustrating watching him while Rooney busts a gut (Sometimes other peoples) for the team.

[PHP]He has scored at least one goal in 7 of the 9 games he's played in so far in the premiership and he's gotten 1 assist in one of the games he didn't score.

Yeah you're right, get rid of him for Sicknote.

B.[/PHP]

I'm sure when you look back at those goals he's created them himself too !! Others in the team are running around clsoing down players while he sits up front and stabs ball in to the back of the net. World Class !!

I recall on one occasion on Sat he moved to the edge of the box to collect the ball and I think he attempted to put a cross in . It was woeful for a professional player earning as much he is.
    My 4 year old nephew could strike a ball with more venom .

There is no doubting his ability in the 6 yrd box , when I mentioned Saha I meant he would be sitting on the bench waiting in wings which in my opinion would inspire Ruud to try harder .

The team as a whole has to try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Big Nelly wrote:
    As suggested above this is the type of player Ruud is.....Van Basten was the same....could do nothing for 80 mins and then score 3 in 5 mins!! Ruud is the same!!!

I think comparing Ruud to Van Basten is highly insulting to Marco.
    He was a different class altogether.

Ruud is a moody fecker and his performance fluctuates accordingly, more like Van Hoojdonk than Van Basten

anybody think that we should cash in on ronaldo. if we got say £25 million from madrid for him, we could fund moves for the likes of king,ballack, diarra, gatusso, torres, nesta,even damien duff if were to have a poor season and fall out of favour. we need to but alot of quality over the next few years, selling ronaldo could be one option, what do ye think?

• Advertisement

wheres all this money glazer promised the club,we should not have to sell to buy ,with one exception rio[i would`nt know loyality if it hit me in the face]ferdinand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No no no no no.

Ruud has the highest workrate of anyone on the team besides except Fletcher. The guy runs his socks off for United, and he is the best player United have had in their team since the Keane of old.
    Is there a club in the entire world where Van Nist wouldn't get into the first team? If he played for Barca, he would score 50 goals a season without blinking.
    He holds up the ball incredibly well and is great at flick ons. I don't think there is another striker in the world who could play the lone man upfront better than he. I can think of better strikers, but they all play in tandom with others.
    ---
    Ronaldo being cashed in on? NO NO NO. Lets see, we have one of the most promising players of the generationn. We paid 12 million for him. So we might get 25 million for him, although I doubt that given his current form. So we'd make a profit on 13 million.
    Considering the fact he could win us a couple of premierships or cups, I doubt that would be a sound move.

anybody think that we should cash in on ronaldo. if we got say £25 million from madrid for him, we could fund moves for the likes of king,ballack, diarra, gatusso, torres, nesta,even damien duff if were to have a poor season and fall out of favour. we need to but alot of quality over the next few years, selling ronaldo could be one option, what do ye think?

No way. If anyone has to go to raise money it should to be Rio at this moment in time. It'd be cheaper to replace a centre back than it would a young/promising winger.

Out of the players you mentioned Ballack will be go to United on a free or not at all so we don't need the money for him, Spurs won't let King go cheaply, no way Chelsea would sell a player like Duff to one of their nearest rivals.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PHB - spot on, the issue with Ruud is playing up front on his own, watch him the next time, the amount of running he gets through is mad, he is too fecked to score!!

The system is still wrong, one striker will not win anything!

Advertisement