Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does skimcoat last

• 25-10-2005 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

does anyone know how long skimcoat stays fresh in the bags?

i've got the oppurtunity to get a load of it at a reduced rate (enough to do the whole house) but it could be 3 or 4 months before it all gets used. no point in getting it all and having to throw half of it out

thanks
    patrido

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

I'm not exactly sure as every bag can be different, or last longer depending on the temperature but i think its around 6-8 weeks before you have to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Patrido,

Most Skimcoat and other plaster products are used immediatley, you may have noticed the bags are still warm in a lot of cases.

Back in the good old days of cement strikes I remember having to turn the bags every day to stop them going hard.

I would be very careful on this purchase because plaster is the one product that every providers clearly states No Returns.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Patrido - I don't think I would chance it to be honest, I have a couple of bags left over, 3 I think and after only 4 weeks they are beginning to harden, they are sitting in the house, on a pallet, covered in plastic but they are still beginning to turn!

Advertisement