Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What country is this number plate from: 5JI 3220?

Options
  • 25-10-2005 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I was driving from the airport the other day and a guy in a BMW with the following number plate 5JI 3220 drove into the side of my car denting the front and nearly killing me in the process. Anyone know which country this plate comes from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Prowler wrote:
    drove into the side of my car denting the front and nearly killing me in the process

Did he leave the scene of the accident without making sure you were alright and without exchanging insurance details? :eek:

If so you should contact the Gardai immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Did he stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

What colour was the plate?

Hope you are alright! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Prowler

Oh yeah, after i managed to maintain and control the car, he started to speed up, i sped up a little just enough to get his registration. I tried flashing him to stop but he was clearly trying to evade me. I immediately went to report this to the gardai. They werent much help and told me most likely nothing will happen...

It was a yellow plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Could be a NI reg, maybe it was a SJI 3220 rather than 5JI 3220?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

having just gone through a similiar incident i suggest that you go back to the gaurds and report it to another one, that gaurd was more than likely being lazy, same problem i had when i first reported, didnt happen 2nd though ;-)

best of luck in finding him

Try this resource ...

http://www.olavsplates.com/country_index.html

Can you recall if the car was LH or RH drive? Might help to narrow it down!

I'm not sure which side the steering wheel was on but I think i was beside the passenger which would mean that it was a RH drive, which would indicate Ireland and England AND maybe it was SJI and not 5JI because i couldnt actually get that close to him.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

If it's SJI (which seems likely), that's a Tyrone registration.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a NI alright. You need to go in and make a formal report to the Garda and report the incident to your insurance co. Not sure if you can make a query to the DVLA in NI. The Garda has no right to say "you'll probably get no where" ... it's his job to investigate. If you have the make, colour and reg plate you should be able to claim successfully. Do not let today go by without reporting it though! he may be making a claim that you hit him!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Try a different Garda,

It has to be noted that you reported it otherwise the other fella could do you for leaving the scene of an accident if he reports it. Get them to contact PSNI and get registered owner etc etc.

Advertisement