Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to trade in games?

Options
  • 25-10-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Where would you say would be the best place to trade in games?
    Ps1 or ps2.

Gamestop,
    Smyths,
    xtra-vision......What other places are there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

GAME too. nowhere will take your ps1 games anymore though. put em up for sale in the for sale forum cause youll get more that way than trade in values.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

it doesnt matter where you go, they'll still rip you off big time. like "trade 4 games for 1 new one" then they go and sell each of your games for €40. its bull****, and they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Kiith wrote:
    it doesnt matter where you go, they'll still rip you off big time. like "trade 4 games for 1 new one" then they go and sell each of your games for €40. its bull****, and they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it.

No its called business.

I don't like it as much as the next person but GAME or Gaemstop or whoever don't actually force people to accept the trade in prices for games.

If you don't like the trade-in price, don't trade in the game. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

What amazes me is that people must be buying second hand games from Game for like €45 euro. Most of their games are only a couple of euro cheaper than a new version. And you know they gave the poor kid who sold it about €5 :rolleyes:

To OP, you are better off trying to sell the games on Boards.ie. Cut out the middle man, they won't sell for what Game sell 2nd hand games for, but you will get all the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Trampas

I remember been in game once as your man behind the counter said it doesn't matter what game it is and how much it cost they will do that deal.

If you can find 4 games in the shop for less than the value of the game you want you can buy them and trade them for the game you want.

Its a loophole in the offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Wicknight wrote:
    And you know they gave the poor kid who sold it about €5 :rolleyes:

But i'd rather get 5 euro for a game that i was never gonna play again than let it sit in my room collecting dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

your not completley right i bought smugglers run2 gamecube for a fiver about a week ago in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Trampas wrote:
    I remember been in game once as your man behind the counter said it doesn't matter what game it is and how much it cost they will do that deal.

If you can find 4 games in the shop for less than the value of the game you want you can buy them and trade them for the game you want.

Its a loophole in the offer

I think they've gotten rid of this loophole now by saying that the games you trade in must be worth more than a tenner or so on their system.

Btw, I don't think Xtravision take trade ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

They do take them as most weekends i trawl through them in my local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lemlin wrote:
    Btw, I don't think Xtravision take trade ins.

they do. used to offer the best prices, but because there's so many traded games (especially for ps2), that's gone to hell.

still the best for psp games though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kiith wrote:
    like "trade 4 games for 1 new one" then they go and sell each of your games for €40. its bull****, and they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it.
    Erm, that deal's not on anymore. And the price that a preowned game goes for depends on the new price, ie. a game that's 54.99 new will usually be 44.97 preowned, or a game that's 24.99 new will usually be 19.97 preowned.

And the only time someone will get a fiver for a trade-in is when they trade in something that's about 10-15 euro new...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My friend traded a PSP game into GAME for €25 last week. They're now selling the same game pre-owned for €49.97!

That's only €10 off the asking price and half what they gave him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Lemlin wrote:
    My friend traded a PSP game into GAME for €25 last week. They're now selling the same game pre-owned for €49.97!

That's only €10 off the asking price and half what they gave him.

And if he bought it off them in the first place then there making €85 in total. Thing is thats how they make their money pre owned is a big part of all their business nowadays.

Advertisement