Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would happen?

Options
  • 25-10-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

i am the single mother of a 4 and a half yr old daughter. i split with her father when she was 2 and a half. it was a very very troubling time for me but especially her, she went through alot, with guards having to be called on a few occasions to get him away from our home where we live with my parents etc.
    he was granted access but only for 3 hours every 2 weeks, he only did one of those visits as he stopped paying maintenance after that. I let her go to where he lives (an hour and half away) to visit with his parents mostly, but he is also there, about 1 - 2 every 2 or 3 months.

what i'm wondering is...if anything happened me, god forbid, would my daughter have to go and live with her father and his family? If that happened i know he would probably stop my family seeing her. Would she really be uprooted from everything she knows here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds like you need to get a will sorted.
    Nominate in your will that who ever you wish become gardians of your daugther.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Were you married? If so then your daughter would go to him.

If you weren't - and you DID NOT sign guardianship she would not go to him, she would go your mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Go to a lawyer experienced in these matters and make a will expressing your wishes, I'd suggest.

Advertisement