Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

When do you know if youve been speed camerad?

Options
  • 25-10-2005 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

How long does it take to receive a confirmation you have been caught on speeding camera?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Thankfully I have no idea, but I've heard stories quoting several months to a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Don't they have to issue it to you within three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

FX Meister wrote:
    3 months is the limit for practical enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

FX Meister wrote:
    Not sure on that point. I got mine within 3 month but one of the friends took about 4.5 month as far as I can remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If it took 4.5 months then your friend would be very safe in ignoring it as they only have 6 months to get you to court from the date of the alleged offence. The letter gives you 2 months to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It must take 3 months or less from the date of offence for the gardai to notify you of the offence. however, the DoE who issue the points can take over a year to notify you. As has been discussed before, points are not applied until you recive the DoE notice - the garda notice is irrelevant from an insurance pov.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Svenright

Always a good idea to ask for evidence that you were breaking the limit- eg. picture print out as the cops have a habit of loosing stuff. If they do produce a picture of you doing 100mph on the M50 least you can frame it for the wall!!

Advertisement