Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year!!

Options
  • 25-10-2005 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if anybody else had encountered this problem and has any suggestions please!
    Since the 4th years and 3rd years have been put together theres a major problem with the 5th year in our school.The 3rd years just behave in such an immature way trying to disrupt the class for absolutely no reason.Everyone can see the problem and the teachers are at their wits end.The teachers just cannot control them and you have to feel sorry for them.Theres plans for a meeting to be held but the students cant attend as it would only end up in a screaming match.Im no geek or anything but they seriously are starting to piss everyone off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

They'll get over it when they start failing. The teachers sound pretty crap if they can't control a 5th year class, but the best thing to do is just keep your head down and work on your own - you're senior cycle now, you should have some initiative to direct your own learning, so use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Student discipline tbh. Tell the people to shut the f*ck up and stop acting like a git. It only takes one or two people that turn a class into a mess.

Reminds me of a story when a room of first years next door were making loads of noise and the sixth years wanted to do some study for their exams so about 6 or 7 of them went in and gave them all a few digs....

Now I'm not saying that you should abuse the younger years but leaving it to the teachers doesn't look to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Luckily for me most of the annoying 3rd years did transition year so 5th year was alright for me. Though I'd say it will die of after a while, everyone is probably still getting settled in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

thankfully for me 4th year is compulsory in my school so no students from younger years invaded us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Its the opposite in my school. The fifth years who've just done the JC want to get the work done but the people who did TY are the immature ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

Its really bad though and i mean the school i go to has plenty of disruptive classes but for some reason this years 5th years are really bad.You cant tell them to shut the f*ck up cause those who actually want to work are far outnumbered by the rest of them and theyd kill ya in a minute.everyone knows something has to be done but at this stagei dont see what.tbh i dont think they care about test results they think theyre "deadly" when they fail.

Its really bad though and i mean the school i go to has plenty of disruptive classes but for some reason this years 5th years are really bad.You cant tell them to shut the f*ck up cause those who actually want to work are far outnumbered by the rest of them and theyd kill ya in a minute.everyone knows something has to be done but at this stagei dont see what.tbh i dont think they care about test results they think theyre "deadly" when they fail.
    i hate that...it makes no sense! these are the people who will be working for minimum wage the rest of their life and they'll kick themselves for not studying when they had the chance!! can u say "do you want fries with that??" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

i hate that...it makes no sense! these are the people who will be working for minimum wage the rest of their life and they'll kick themselves for not studying when they had the chance!! can u say "do you want fries with that??" :D

vicious generalising.

Shrimp wrote:
    vicious generalising.
    i know *bows head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

ha, doesn't matter really

• Advertisement
Advertisement