Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching disabled again?

Options
  • 25-10-2005 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Well I never.... first they get you hooked, and then they TAKE IT AWAY!!!!

I mean... when will it be back :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

Boards is alot quicker since they disabled it.

I say leave it disabled unless they get some serious extra hardware.

How many hits does boards have in a day I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

roamer wrote:
    How many hits does boards have in a day I wonder?
    http://www.boards.ie/webalizer/

The figures for October are presumably off because of the server outages, etc etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Seriously though if you cant navigate through a forum without using a search function then boards.ie is definately a lesser being.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So.. when does it return? Its depressing without it:|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Regi downgraded the php server from version 5 to 4 because it was causing some problems with other parts of boardsie. See here for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

roamer wrote:
    Boards is alot quicker since they disabled it.

I say leave it disabled unless they get some serious extra hardware.
    Correlation isn't necessarily causation.

Not that I know anything in particular about the boards.ie hardware apart from it apparently existing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Well its just handy to be able to search through your last posts to see what threads have new posts on them

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

grasshopa wrote:
    Well its just handy to be able to search through your last posts to see what threads have new posts on them

when searching originally got disabled i turned on the 'subscribe to threads you have posted in' feature, now I can do the above by going into subbed->subscribed threads, it list all the threads you have posted in and ones with new posts are at the top in bold..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Good thinking dave.

So are we looking at the search feature being revised back to weekend format or even abolished? 'Tis a shame..but you gotta do what ya gotta do!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i hardly use it tbh, so i dont care :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement