Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP and Batch files??

• 22-12-1999 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone out there know how to write a batch file that will automatically ftp to a server, provide a username and password and download a file.

The getting to and downloading are fine, but I can't get it to provide a password. Also I was wondering if there was a way to close an FTP session and recheck later if the file isn't there, without having to add another 'run' in the scheduler?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Why not use VB and the inet controlls to do this for you there is a sample in MSDN of something like this.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

two reasons.

1. I want to incorporate it into an existing batch.

2. I don't have a clue about VB.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I don't think you can do it with a batch file at all....
    A perl script is what you need - John Keating is the man to talk to then.
    And get out of work on your day off!

Draco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

wasn't my day off sad.gif that was monday and tuesday... Now I'm working right up to Xmas and then back in on the 27th and no hols 'til the end of January sad.gifsad.gif

You got JK's mail addy?

Advertisement