Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running backwardes with us in OZ

Options
  • 19-09-2001 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

The Register today carries the following.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/21746.html

The head of incumbent telco Telstra has become a hate figure throughout the Australian Net community because in his wisdom he has decided that even those paying Au$90 (£30) for a DSL account will have a 3Gb per month cap (imagine that!!!) on their usage.

This man is Ziggy Switkowski and he's not flavour of the month. He claims the cap is needed for reasons of cost, network stability and quality of service. Thousands of Internet users are not so convinced and are making their anger known.

Any one got any mates in Oz fighting this fight!!!!:rolleyes:

I like their slogan!! -
    I signed with (Eircom/Telstra) for unlimited Internet but all I got was this lousy 3Gb cap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Maybe we should get photos of Eircon's CEO's and do the same :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Dangger
    The Register today carries the following.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/21746.html

The head of incumbent telco Telstra has become a hate figure throughout the Australian Net community because in his wisdom he has decided that even those paying Au$90 (£30) for a DSL account will have a 3Gb per month cap (imagine that!!!) on their usage.
    Still far far better value than here. Also check out the amusing posters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I think we should be looking at this and saying, hey hold on. If anything this proves eircoms prices are to high.
    Oz has about 15mil people. spread far and wide (like ireland)
    But they havent got anywere near as much bandwidth as we do.
    if a country right next door to us can offer adsl with no cap at half the price, then why cant eircom. reason, because we will except what were given. We are Owned. There is no good reason why we shouldnt have the cheapest internet access in the eu, none!
    after all 20% of all eu bandwidth pass through here. i know its not spread out accross the country, but you would think that would be the easy part.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

Does anybody know if there is a per-meg charge after the 3 gig is used up, or if the connection is just terminated until the next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i doubt the would cut\ the connection as its a MEGA profit oppurtunity.
    prey on peeps lack of knowledge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement