Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HELP! my laptop has an echo when listening to anything

• 25-10-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently installed outbreak a crap game onto my laptop when i got rid of it there was an echo on my laptop when listening to anything , even those crappy microsoft sounds echo. its driving me mad. I have checked the audio settings to no avale , i need help quick !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Have you tried reinstalling your sound card driver?

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Had the same type of problem myself. If what Bard says doesn't work, try and look for another application that may have been installed.

In my case (on a friends laptop) there was another application that showed as a little "lollipop" (for want of a better word) icon in the taskbar and this had been set to "karoke" (in your case is could be echo or revereb) mode and this affected all outputs, regardless of the standard volume control settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

where do you find this karaoke setting
    was looking at my Dvd app and it was set to karaoke setting was on 2

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Sorry, should have been clearer - this was just what happened on my friends laptop - I found the setting by clicking the "lollipop" icon in the taskbar. If you havent gotn that icon then it may not be the cause of your problem.

Any luck re-installing the sound card drivers...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Go to the control panel and find either the realtek manager or sound manger. Various sound cards offer you the option to listen to music in different environments such as hall,room, headphones,jazz, ect. Just change it to none.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you made sure Mic is muted in volume control ? (look at line in too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 deadsoul

Is your mic setting on set it to mute

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

deadsoul wrote:
    Is your mic setting on set it to mute
    Could have sworn I said something like that, probably just an echo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Could have sworn I said something like that, probably just an echo.
    good one lol

Advertisement