Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to pull plug on ADSL?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Is this a joke or what?, nearly every single article I read about dsl has an ad for i-stream on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Like the spoilt bloody brats they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Opps, sorry, I didn't realise this story had been mentioned in another thread already today.

My apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

you can't lose what you don't have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Originally posted by Superman
    you can't lose what you don't have!

That's very true for us folks.

But €ircon, on the other hand, will have lost £100M (if true) on ASDL to-date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I'll say again, IF Eircom decide to pull the plug on adsl, does this mean that Esat and Colt cannot offer adsl ??????????

BTW, This forum is very slow loading for me the last few days ?? is there a problem with the servers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by ando
    I'll say again, IF Eircom decide to pull the plug on adsl, does this mean that Esat and Colt cannot offer adsl ??????????

BTW, This forum is very slow loading for me the last few days ?? is there a problem with the servers ?
    well since eircom only have to offer a wholesale service if they offer a retail one, colt and esat wont get the chance to provide it.
    not that either had much hope.

Ps there's a banner add for i stream on that very same page, and they wonder were all the money goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

No, Esat cant offer any service Eircom dont offer [logiacally speaking].

Esat can techinally provide you with DSL now, but Eircom would be charging them per mb/min so Esat wont offer anything unless they get wholesale, which is pivitol to the whole ODTR:Eircom i $cream biatch match.

Eircom suck..sing it with me, my access frustrated brothers..."i have a dream"...but thats all it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

Originally posted by chernobyl

Esat can techinally provide you with DSL now, but Eircom would be charging them per mb/min so Esat wont offer anything unless they get wholesale, which is pivitol to the whole ODTR:Eircom i $cream biatch match.

not quite true. It is impossible for any company other than eircom to offer DSL on Eircom's platform without a wholesale service - the per-meg charge is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by hudson806

not quite true. It is impossible for any company other than eircom to offer DSL on Eircom's platform without a wholesale service - the per-meg charge is irrelevant.
    I have to disagree, since we know eircom only have to offer a wholesale product under the same terms as they offer eircom.net. Therefore if its eircom and not eircom.net that’s tacking on a cap and pm charge (which im sure it is) then they only by law have to provide a p/mb based wholesale product. I think we will find all this out soon.

Of course this doesn’t hold true if esat and/or colt provide their own bandwidth to the exchange. Therefore cutting out the need to pay eircom p/mb charges as all international traffic would be over esat’s/colt’s own network. Is this why you were saying the p/mb charge was irrelevant?

The simple truth is we have about 10% of the picture and were trying to figure out the rest, only when we see the complete odtr report on eircoms ADSL wholesale prices, will we be in a position to comment with credence

• Advertisement
Advertisement