Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete the builder

• 25-10-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Pete the builder was going through a house he had just built with the woman who owned it.

She was telling him what colour to paint each room. They went into the first room and she said "I want this room to be painted a light blue."

The builder went to the front door and yelled "GREEN SIDE UP!"

When he went back into the house, she told him that the next room was to be bright red.

When he went back into the house, she told him that the next room was to be tan.

When he came back, the lady was pretty curious, so she asked him "I keep telling you colours, but you go out the front and yell green side up; what is that for?

The builder said, "Oh don't worry about that, I've got a couple of culchies laying the turf out front."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

hmmmmmm......... wat was there before you put culshies in? maybe it made more sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

What kind of non-culchy says turf?

No, no. Nothing here is adding up at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

always thought turf was black/brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

meh ... OP is from the pale ...nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Ah, sure Peat is a grand fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=turf

Get a life ...if you don't get it stfu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Lol, just googled: "green side up" joke. guess what, they all came up with blonde instead of culshie. bit unclever puttin culshie in there seein as most farmers are culshies and most culshies live in the country where turf or grass etc. is all around them so they'd have a good idea of which side would go up. a blonde on the other hand might not(as blonde jokes go) and that WOULD make sense. Ah come on now, poorest attempt i seen by a dub to take de pi$$ out of us culshies!:D

Advertisement