Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

views in GTA:SA

Options
  • 25-10-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Okay so ive only just got round to playing san andreas. :rolleyes: The one thing ive noticed and it is DOING my head in is the views when you drive. Rather than staying smack bang behind you no matter what direction you go in, the camera seems lag or swing. So when you turn a corner the camera doesnt turn with you but rather remains fixed for a bit so you wind up with a side on view. This means im smashing into stuff every time I do a sharp turn as the camera doesnt turn with me :mad: Im having to tap the middle mouse buttont to snap to rear view so its corrects itself

It wasnt like this in vice city or III or am i just bloody imagining stuff?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

use in car view

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

you mean the nosecam? ugh no, its too low and impossible to judge spaces from :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I usually drive with WASD and use the mouse to look about while driving. Not the middle click button, but actively moving the mouse as I drive. I find it handy as you can sort of look over the horizon as you go (walls too).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea, I use the mouse to look around too.. meaning I can actually look around the corner BEFORE turning into it, instead of after (that annoyed the hell out of me for a while too).

If you're playing the console version then I guess you're screwed.. don't know, only ever played on the PC myself. Although it is a bit bitter-sweet.. I found the mouse made the game far too easy to the extent that I got quite bored of it.. every shot a head-shot; all I ever needed was a handgun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

he he i just figured that out tonight by accident, zipping around on a bike :o
    but ive just found the jetpack so who needs cars? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

You know you can contol that camera with the right analog stick, pan it to the left of the car, to the right, close up....with the left whilst you're steering you can push up or down on the stick to look over hills or for when you're going downhill.
    I usually use incar; much better fun for drive bys, but for driving out in the sticks I use 2nd closest cam, gvies enough room to judge the road, but close enough to have better control
    The camera left to it's own will do as you describe. Using both analog sticks adds a nice feel to it I think...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I found that the camera is incredibly sensitive to any mouse movement, while the mouse wasn't moving enough to actually move the camera, it would still stop the camera from panning as the car turned. Fipping the mouse onto it's side whenever I got in a car sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

You can steer with the mouse also, perhaps you have that turned on and it is messing it up for you.
    LoL Goodshape, same thing happened to me. At the start of the game all your weapons skillz are terrible, but by the end you can hold off 6stars pretty easily, if you choose the right place, gets boring though..

Advertisement