Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Run In

• 25-10-2005 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Derry City

28 OCT (H) Waterford
    31 OCT (A) UCD
    04 NOV (A) Bray
    11 NOV (H) St Pats
    18 NOV (A) Cork

Cork City

28 OCT (H) St Pats
    31 OCT (A) Bohemians
    04 NOV (A) Waterford
    07 NOV (A) Shamrock Rovers
    11 NOV (A) Shelbourne
    18 NOV (H) Derry City

On paper a far easier run in for Derry. But If Cork City win 4 of their remaining six, and Derry even draw with anyone, its curtains for them - they will come to Cork on the last day needing a win, a situation they wont relish.

I know most want Derry to win it, but at this stage, what do people think will happen, given the above fixtures?

tell ya what, its got me excited, excited and bloody nervous. Hopefully Waterford can do us a job of Friday night, and we dispose of a very poor Pats side.

COME ON CORK CITY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Derry City

28 OCT (H) Waterford Win
    31 OCT (A) UCD Win
    04 NOV (A) Bray Win
    11 NOV (H) St Pats Win
    18 NOV (A) Cork

Total points coming into last day: 66.

Cork City

28 OCT (H) St Pats Win
    31 OCT (A) Bohemians Draw
    04 NOV (A) Waterford Win
    07 NOV (A) Shamrock Rovers Win
    11 NOV (A) Shelbourne Win
    18 NOV (H) Derry City

Total points coming into last day: 67.

Current Table
    P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Cork City    27  19   6   2  45  14  63
     Derry City   28  19   6   3  49  22  63
     Shelbourne   28  16   6   6  51  25  54
     Drogheda U   28   9  12   7  34  28  39
     Bohemians    27  11   6  10  34  35  39
     Longford Tn  29  10   9  10  25  29  39
     Bray Wndrs   28   8   6  14  32  46  30
     UCD          28   6  11  11  23  35  29
     St Pat's A   29   5  11  13  21  30  26
     Shamrock R   28   9   7  12  29  42  26
     Waterford U  29   6   6  17  24  46  24
     Finn Harps   29   5   6  18  27  42  21

I have to say all signs point to it coming down to the last day. I reckon there may be a slip up somewhere unexpected along the run-in, but I can't see where or for who. Derry really cant afford it to be them, especially as they have a game less.

RELEGATION RUN-IN

Finn Harps

(A)Shelbourne
    (H)UCD
    (A)Drogheda United
    (H)Bray Wanderers

Waterford United

(A)Derry City
    (H)Cork City
    (A)Shamrock Rovers
    (H)Drogheda United

St. Patricks Athletic

(A)Cork City
    (H)Shamrock Rovers
    (A)Derry City
    (H)Longford Town

Shamrock Rovers

(H)Bray Wanderers
    (A)St. Patricks Athletic
    (H)Cork City
    (H)Waterford United
    (A)UCD

Too many results for me to even begin to hypothesize, but it looks like Waterford have the toughest run-in. I expect it to finish:

Rovers
    Pats
    Waterford
    Harps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gimmick I premptively apologising for what will happen on Friday night, sorry dude maybe next year eh? Least you in the cup final.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You coming down Leeside Kdjac?

You reckon you lot will draw or win? Or are you apologisning for the poor performance put forward by your team? :p

We will get somfin from the game, trying to get off early on friday so hoping to go down but cant stay overnight so that kinda sucks :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cork will win it purely because they get derry at home on the last day (because I can't find another way to seperate them!! Plus I think cork will only need a draw)...But what a season (i know it's not over yet) Highest ever for quality, and nice to see two teams managing to play the great football...I only hope shels can match them next season..The head-to-heads was what killed us this season.

Finn Harps go down...easly worst team in the leauge...although there was a while there I was thinking/hoping pats would go down :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hope Derry nick it :) But thats purely for selfish reasons, Cork do deserve it. Hopefully we can aid the cause by at least taking a point off Cork in a few weeks and taking a step closer to a rather undeserved European spot! :D

Looking at Harps against Longford (5-0!) they could with a bit of luck win their remaining games! Pats are so close its not even funny, and they look to have a tough enough remaining 4 games! Of all the candidates, Finn Harps have the best run-in, but may find themselves too far adrift to make it count.

G'wan the Candystripes! (That hurt!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

I reckon Cork deserve to win the title...over the past 2 years they have been the best team in the league by far (i know shels won last year..but still)...i think Cork got a lot of experience from the intertoto cup last year and as a result are in a better position to win the league this year than Derry (think all those 2 legged games where they need to defend hard to keep crucial results)...Derry don't really have that yet...if it comes down to last day of the season I can see Cork beat Derry.

Just so long as Rovers stay up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    G'wan the Candystripes! (That hurt!) :)
    :eek:
    Are you sick?

I really hope Cork City do it actually. They'll fare better in the CL than Derry City, and then when Shels win it again next season, we can go and dominate the CL Group Stages, having done well in the UEFA Cup group stages next season.

bullrunner wrote:
    I reckon Cork deserve to win the title...over the past 2 years they have been the best team in the league by far (i know shels won last year..but still)...i think Cork got a lot of experience from the intertoto cup last year and as a result are in a better position to win the league this year than Derry (think all those 2 legged games where they need to defend hard to keep crucial results)...Derry don't really have that yet...if it comes down to last day of the season I can see Cork beat Derry.

Just so long as Rovers stay up!!
    Cork were better coming towards the end of last season, and this year, thats not two seasons!

Aye seansouth, sick sick sick is me! :) As I said, want Derry to win it so we can actually get into the UEFA Cup next year (without having to win the Intertwobob Cup frst! :D)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would love it to go down to the last day of the season purely for the spectacle that match will bring. It would be excellent entertainment and may convert a few people into watching the EL. I would personally prefer Cork to win it as I feel they have the best fans in the country and will be a better bet to do well in Europe than Derry because Cork have the relevant experience.

I would love a final day encounter between teh two. Whoever drew up the fixture list is a legend!!

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    Whoever drew up the fixture list is a legend!!
    :D

And to think, when the fixtures came out pre-season a certain ex-Cork City Manager was claiming conspiracies all over the place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    [B

Too many results for me to even begin to hypothesize, but it looks like Waterford have the toughest run-in. I expect it to finish:

Rovers
    Pats
    Waterford
    Harps.

Tbh I'd settle for 2nd from bottom if offered right now. Harps have a far easier run in than us. Hope that late goal against Pats doesnt coem back to haunt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

seansouth wrote:
    :D

And to think, when the fixtures came out pre-season a certain ex-Cork City Manager was claiming conspiracies all over the place :rolleyes:

LOL, i remember him giving a radio interview slating everyone at cork city cause of the fixtures.. funnily enough, he was sacked a week later, brian lennox saying something like "when he comes out and makes excuses about fixtures and all the rest of it, he's basically already making excuses for under performing"...

am i right in thinking that next year the fixtures are flipped, so cork and derry will meet in the brandywell at the end of next season (and, for example, pats would be hosting cork tonight) etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Well Cork will have two home games and one away v Derry next season but I don't know if it'll be on the same dates

Cork City    28  19   6   3  45  15  63
     Derry City   29  19   6   4  49  23  63
     Shelbourne   29  17   6   6  52  25  57

Derry City

31 OCT (A) UCD
    04 NOV (A) Bray Wanderers
    11 NOV (H) St Patricks Athletic
    18 NOV (A) Cork City

Cork City

31 OCT (A) Bohemians
    04 NOV (A) Waterford United
    07 NOV (A) Shamrock Rovers
    11 NOV (A) Shelbourne
    18 NOV (H) Derry City

Shelbourne

31 OCT (H) Bray Wanderers
    04 NOV (A) Drogheda United
    11 NOV (H) Cork City
    18 NOV (A) Bohemians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

let go its a 2 horse race, 6 poits mid season ok w/4 games to play no hope

Don't forget we still have to play Cork at Tolka. They also have to play Bohs, Rovers and Waterford away, and Derry at home. Each one of those will be tricky, and after losing to Pat's, confidence can't be sky high. Of course I don't realistically expect us to win it, but there is an outside shot and I'm certainly not ruling it out. Also don't forget we have now won 8 of our last 9 games. If we keep that up we have a good shot at second place at least.

yeah, i'd like to see your crowd do it, it might mean we do ya (AND US) a favour with cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

the relegation run in is now a 5 horse race

Pats, UCD, The Blues, Rovers and Harps.

Gonna be an exciting finish to the season at both ends of the table.

KdjaC wrote:
    Gimmick I premptively apologising for what will happen on Friday night, sorry dude maybe next year eh?

:eek:

• Advertisement

Thanks **** i bet on faith :D

kdjac

Haha! Nice one! :D If it wasn't already exciting enough it's been blown wide open at both ends again! Fantastic stuff! :)

Cork 29 20 6 3 66
    Derry City 30 20 6 4 66
    Shelbourne 30 18 6 6 60
    Drogheda Utd 29 10 12 7 42
    Bohemians 29 12 6 11 42
    Longford Town 30 10 9 11 39
    Bray 30 9 6 15 33
    St Patricks 30 6 11 13 29
    UCD 30 6 11 13 29
    Waterford 30 7 6 17 27
    Shamrock 29 9 7 13 26
    Finn Harps 30 5 6 19 21

Waterford Utd Vs Cork City
    Bray Vs Derry City
    Drogs Vs Shels
    St Pats Vs Shams
    Harps Vs UCD
    Bohs Vs Longford

What a huge weekend this one coming should be. Both ends of the table could almost be decided. I have highlighted above SPA vs Shams, as IMO, whoever loses this, will be in the play-off. Should be a great tie. I think Pats will get the poinst here.

I think City will take the points at Waterford in a very hard fought Munster Derby. I think Waterford will be okay, and will pick up the points in the last fortnight to guarantee their safety.

I hope Bray will get something from Derry, and possibly will. Derrys record this season against Bray has been poor, and one more point should be enough to guarantee Brays safety.

Drogs Vs Shels will be a draw IMO. If Shels falter, the league is gone definitely (assuming ccfc equal win). Drogs still looking for 4th at least, and players will be playing for cup final places.

Harps Vs UCD - I fancy Harps again here, but I suspect it will be too little too late. This could see UCD really dragged into the relegation picture though.

Bohs Vs Longford - Longford are shít. I fully expect Bohs to get an easy 3 points here.

hehe funny that few weeks ago Cork and Derry looking at playing us waterford etc: had themg ames down for handy 3 points. Would not fancy playing Waterford and needing to win tbh.

Pats n Rovers will be a good game but in case we in im not bringing kids, odd feeling jolly Rovers fans wont be happy campers if they lose. Great that cant bring kids to an El game simply because we are playing Rovers.

kdjac

Derry City   31  21   6   4  54  23  69
     Cork City    30  20   7   3  49  18  67
     Shelbourne   31  19   6   6  59  25  63

---------Mid table stuff--------------

UCD          30   6  11  13  24  40  29
     Waterford U  31   7   7  17  27  48  28
     Shamrock R   30   9   7  14  30  46  26
     Finn Harps   30   5   6  19  27  43  21

It really is looking good now.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
     Derry City   31  21   6   4  54  23  69
     Cork City    30  20   7   3  49  18  67
     Shelbourne   31  19   6   6  59  25  63

---------Mid table stuff--------------

UCD          30   6  11  13  24  40  29
     Waterford U  31   7   7  17  27  48  28
     Shamrock R   30   9   7  14  30  46  26
     Finn Harps   30   5   6  19  27  43  21

It really is looking good now.

Woohoo

1st relegation post that we not in :D

Cmon the Harps!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Gosh I wish I could watch the Harps/UCD tussle tonight... it's gonna be a stormer!

Anyway how good is it to see our domestic league being this exciting cometh the end of the season? Top and bottom it's so close and I can see everything being decided within the last few minutes of the season...... Premiership take note!

As of now I'm predict the top 3 and bottom 4 will just about stay the same with some twists and turns.

I also predict Rovers will be relegated via the playoffs! :v:

KdjaC wrote:
    hehe funny that few weeks ago Cork and Derry looking at playing us waterford etc: had themg ames down for handy 3 points. Would not fancy playing Waterford and needing to win tbh.

Pats n Rovers will be a good game but in case we in im not bringing kids, odd feeling jolly Rovers fans wont be happy campers if they lose. Great that cant bring kids to an El game simply because we are playing Rovers.

kdjac

what a silly thing to say

Well, the season is almost over, but Im sure we can all agree that the banter we have had this season has been great. Some great fights, wind ups, mocking, gloating, everything.

Now, anyone know what happened The Jolly Roger?
    bet kdjac will disagree

• Advertisement

blu_sonic wrote:
    what a silly thing to say

How? Did you notice all the police with their mini petting zoo?
    Last time i brought them at the 78a bus stop some lubbly rovers fans decided to attack a bunch of kids who were provoking them, the nerve of those pats kids provoking them nice rovers people.

Well, the season is almost over, but Im sure we can all agree that the banter we have had this season has been great. Some great fights, wind ups, mocking, gloating, everything.Now, anyone know what happened The Jolly Roger?bet kdjac will disagree
    Banned for creating a new account(jubbly) after being banned for abusing Seansouth in PMs irc.

Bet seansouth and Jr and jubbly will disagree :D

kdjac

i left right at the final whistle, all i saw were a bunch of aggressive children in "supersaints" shirts saying there is a fcuking rovers fan directed at me, i hear there was violence after and i understand your concern but it can kick off at any match, maybe if pats could control there fans from starting the trouble we'd all be better off

Im on Dublins Newstalk 106fm in a few minutes if anyone fancies listening to my insane ramblings!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Have I missed you already or are you still to come on? When I turned it on it was someone talking about Man U with a Dublin accent, I'm guessing not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gimmick wrote:
    Im on Dublins Newstalk 106fm in a few minutes if anyone fancies listening to my insane ramblings!!!!
    Very confident of winning the league. :) Predicting the score too.

Rather have sulphuric acid poured into my ears that listen to that ****e 9altho prolly be good with you on )

kdjac

• Advertisement

:eek: :p

Didnt get to say half what I wanted, but went off on a bit of a ramble all the same.

Cork City 31 21 7 3 51 18 70 (+33)
    Derry City 31 21 6 4 54 23 69 (+31)

2 games to go.

City can win the league this weekend, Derry cannot.

If Cork City beat Derry on Friday week, its all over, no matter what.

If City win and Derry lose this weekend, City are champions.

Tonights win was HUGE psychologically for CCFC.

Shels and Pats to make it a poxy weekend for both teams?

Oh i think so :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Looks like the shams will be coming to oriel next season :o
    the fun of it all.

KdjaC wrote:
    Shels and Pats to make it a poxy weekend for both teams?

You actually want Shels to win a game?

I think Shels and City will draw friday, I think Derry will beat Pats and to round it all off next friday, I think CCFC will beat DCFC 2-1 to round it all off.

As for Shams heading to oriel next season, i doubt it. Even if they are stuck to the playoff, there is no way they will lose to CHF or Cobh Ramblers over 2 legs.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:

I think

When search comes back i getting all your posts from the season and making a play out of them, will be a cracker if last play about EL and cork is anything to go by :D

Dont want shels to win but they will, its called the Rico Effect ;)

kdjac

gimmick wrote:
    Well, the season is almost over, but Im sure we can all agree that the banter we have had this season has been great. Some great fights, wind ups, mocking, gloating, everything.

Now, anyone know what happened The Jolly Roger?
    bet kdjac will disagree
    Yep, been a good season, pity I'm not there for the end of it, sounds cracking!

KdjaC wrote:
    Banned for creating a new account(jubbly) after being banned for abusing Seansouth in PMs irc.
    Bet seansouth and Jr and jubbly will disagree :D

kdjac
    I'm being serious here, :confused:

seansouth wrote:

I'm being serious here, :confused:

You posted on feedback about some PMs JR sent you, he got banned. He created new nick Jubbly who also got banned.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Would everyone here agree that they would be watching all of these cracking games on tv if they could, rather than emmerdale or coronation street?

Rather than Neighbours and Home and Away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

seansouth wrote:
    Rather than Neighbours and Home and Away :D

Update your blog seansouh was enjoying reading it.

The City vs Derry game is now COMPLETELY sold out.

My only fear is that scumbag touts have gotten their grubby mits on some tickets, and will screw some people. Apparently once such príck took €50 from a teenager for a juvenille ticket (cost price €8) for the Slavia Prague game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Got my brother to get 6 tickets on Saturday.

Phew...!

The last game in front of "The Shed":o

It will be an historic occasion.

Anybody that waited this long to get a ticket was being very naive. Saying that I hope all genuine fans(that go every fortnight) get to see the game.

gimmick wrote:
    The City vs Derry game is now COMPLETELY sold out.

Apparently once such príck took €50

Got my brother to get 6 tickets on Saturday.

See this is where it all falls down ,how the fook can you buy 6 tickets for a game :confused: Been there tho cant blame anyone for selling a ticket at any price if there is 1, an idiot to pay that amount 2, the club for selling them to him in the 1st place.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

6 tickets for 6 people. :v:

I know what you a re getting at.

instead of the gardai looking to give parking tickets on the night of the game maybe they can concentrate on stopping the touts that will be around on the night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement