Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an alternative please

• 25-10-2005 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was hoping some of you BB guru's could point me in the right direction.

At present I've get a phone line and a 2mb line from Eircom. It's costing me €80 a month which is redicilous as we hard ever use the phone.

I was wonder would it be possible to switch to BB only with Voip using the current telephone number?

Help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I don't think so. you could try smart telecom, they'll do an all-in bundle which might be cheaper than eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

NTL would be a good choice if available.
    Clearwire would seem to be getting good reviews, but more expensive.
    Magnet also do a triple bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Ok so I definitely can't keep the same number?

Oh well it doesnt really matter if I get a new phone number, I'll just get a Voip one on my new BB service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

A cheaper and possibly handier option would be to switch to BT for BB, line and calls.
    2mb BB including line rental is €50 p/m. (€35 for the first 4 months)
    Calls are extra and cheaper than Eircom.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ok so I definitely can't keep the same number?

Oh well it doesnt really matter if I get a new phone number, I'll just get a Voip one on my new BB service.

Well you could get NTL BB and then get Blueface VoIP on it (€15 gives you unlimited local and national calls). With Blueface.ie you can then port your existing number to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement