Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Upgrade

• 25-10-2005 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know if I buy an upgrade pack can I keep the credit 80e and give the phone away??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up Meteor and check if you are due an upgrade. 1905. The credit you get is dependent on how much you've already spent.
    You have to have spent 240e of credit to get an upgrade as far as I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Airwaves wrote:
    Does anyone know if I buy an upgrade pack can I keep the credit 80e and give the phone away??

Cheers

you can on o2. you just go on the website and put in the number you want the credit to go on, the imei and some personal details to get the credit. What you do with the phone afterwards is your own business. i'd assume its the same with meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

I know this can be done with 02 but I remember reading somewhere that it is locked to the meteor phone you buy is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i highly doubt it. it makes little difference to meteor whether you give the phone to someone else or not. it'd be a lot of technical effort to match the imei to the sim number and block it accordingly and there's not reason to do it in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's no technical reasons why selling/giving the phone away wouldn't work. It will be locked to whatever network you purchase it from though.

As far as I know - most networks will give you the unlock code right away if you request it - it's based on the credit spent overall on your account and not the credit spent on a particular phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement