Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ravens Fans?

• 25-10-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Just wondering if there were any Ravens fans amongst you all?

I am a massive NFL fan but usually only post on the Ravens souct forum! They are playing awful at the moment but i'm pretty confident about a victory against the Steelers next Sunday!

Oderint dum metuant:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

sorry, steelers will hammer them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Big ravens fan here --> :D <
    The first Superbowl I saw was the one they won in 2000, been supporting them since. Steelers will win I'm afraid. No lewis or reed or offense. I hope we end up with the worst record this year, then we can get the 1st round draft pick, which will be .... USC QB Matt Leinhart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

evil_seed wrote:
    USC QB Matt Leinhart

reckon he'll be first? I'm unsure about him...look at the offensive line he has in front of him. A lot of decent QBs would look very good playing behind them.

oh and the ravens will lose to the steelers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

evil_seed wrote:
    Big ravens fan here --> :D <
    The first Superbowl I saw was the one they won in 2000, been supporting them since. Steelers will win I'm afraid. No lewis or reed or offense. I hope we end up with the worst record this year, then we can get the 1st round draft pick, which will be .... USC QB Matt Leinhart

No Matt Leinhart will defo not be first pick because 1st pick will go to San Fran and they need help on the D! I think Reggie bush is the best player in next years draft as far as talent goes...he is going to be something else along the line of LT at San Diego!!!

Leinhart is a great QB but the Ravens shouldn't take him...we need to sort out that oline! I think Boller will come good, he needs time in the pocket and he just won't get it with the supporting cast that we have there at the moment!

I truly did believe the Ravens would have a pretty decent attack this season but sigh.......

on any given sunday...

Pats Vs Dolphins last season...

You guys could be right, the Steelers should beat up on the Ravens but then again they have their backs against the wall and are going to come out fighting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

irishraven wrote:
    No Matt Leinhart will defo not be first pick because 1st pick will go to San Fran and they need help on the D! I think Reggie bush is the best player in next years draft as far as talent goes...he is going to be something else along the line of LT at San Diego!!!

49ers are abysmal, but I wouldn't guarantee #1 pick. Houston or (shock, horror) Green Bay have a "shot" at #1. Leinart was outplayed by Brady Quinn of ND a couple weeks back. He might not be the first QB taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Brady Quinn won't go in the draft (IMHO). He has another year of eligibility, and wont forfeit that for a chance at the National Championship under Coach Weis at ND. Looking at CNNSI this morning, they were listing the top QBs, and didn't give Leinart much of a reckoning as an NFL franchise leader.

Bush is one of the best players in the game at the moment, but he too is a junior. I would say if he wins the Heisman he will go in the draft, but if not, he will go back for his senior year and hope to win it in 2006...of course if USC don't win out he may decide that the program has had its day and get out anyway!!

BCS should lead to some interesting bowl games in january!!

I will put my house on it that Bush, Heisman winner or not will be in next years draft!!! As it is teams are licking their lips at the thought of having him in their backfield...

Why spend another year in college when the money and fame can be taken now? He has nothing left to prove in college...

I would not be as sure about Bush going, but I agree that the NFL will be looking forward to having a player of his emence ability. Going pro early has its drawbacks, and the decision is not as cut and dry. A college buddy of mine called Raghib "the rocket" Ismael went early at the end of his Junior year in 1991, and was expected to light up the NFL...ended up playing in Canada for a few years, and never realised the potential he showed in the college ranks.

On paper the decision to go in the draft is clear cut, but there are a lot of external factors going with it too. I think the lure of winning the Heisman next year (assuming either Young or Leinart win it this year) is massive, so you may want to reduce the wager, and save your house :-).

Again...all IMHO!!

As you say, its your opinion and of course you could be right! I just don't see it, thats all!

After winning what will be his 3rd National Championship and the lure of going 1st in the Draft...by the way that is who i think will go first! Almost all the teams with early picks are fine a the QB position.

I can see alot of teams looking to trade up in next years draft in the hunt for Reggie! I would love him in Baltimore but i think we have more important needs to address!

• Advertisement

Yeah, if he does go, he will go first. Any franchise could use him to build a decent offence around. He is a very versatile player, with a huge amount to offer any team.

I think USC will win out and win the Nat Championship, but depending on BCS, it may not be a concensus as previous years. But I think USC will be a much weaker team next season, opening things up once again, for the better good of college ball... Notre Dame to win Nat Champ in 2006!!!

The ravens defo could do with a Reggie-ish type player this year...but thats the good thing about playing bad...you get a great pick next year!!!

GO IRISH!!!

Who are you a fan of by the way? In college I am a massive Maryland Terp fan...Vernon Davis will be a star in the NFL at the TE position! He is a monstor with amazing hands and a 40 time of 4.3 I think!

Always like to see Auburn play and their uniforms are class...

Ravens in the NFL and I'll be honest when i say I don't have a soft spot for any other team but I love talent and my fav player outside the Ravens Organisation is Ladalian tomlinson...he is AMAZING (even though the eagles shut him down last week!)

i'm a chargers fan btw...LT is simply awesome. Before then my fav player was Junior SAY OWWWW...lol

oh and Notre Dame in the schools. 2 jammy losses this season has ****ed everything up

I am an graduate of Notre Dame, so my loyality will always be under the Dome. I was an undergrad there in 1988 when they last won the national championship...went to every home game that year. Was at the USC game this year (2 weeks ago). Great game, great atmosphere...jammy umpires!!!!!

In Pro....go Niners....but they are in need of some new young guns!!!!

I prefer college to pro anyday...much more entertaining game to watch, and better fan involvement.

Can't believe the colts are 7:0...what is going on in the cosmos!!! They always sucked!!!!

I'm shocked too! I wonder if they can carry it into the play offs?

They have been very lucky with keeping players fit! I'm very impressed with what they have done and won't take anything away from them, looks like the road to the Superbowl will be going through Indy!!!

The Colts have a bye week this week, but then the real test of any team comes the week after...playing away to the Patriots...that will really test their metal!!!

You enjoy watching some good football this weekend...I have just basic cable, so I don't get to watch it!!!! Still, theres always the internet.

I would die without there coverage of College football! I also have fieldpass to listen to the Ravens while watching the games on Sky...I LOVE MY FOOTBALL

Should be a great weekend of football!

Yeah...nasn is great but i'm really pissed they didn't show the usc v ND game. Suppose it's to do with tv rights and what not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

wow, unlucky ravens final score 20-19 to steelers:eek: i was expecting this to be a easy win for the steelers, how wrong was i

Anthony Wright cost us the game, i watched it till very early in the AM - I could have killed him!

At least I know there are players there willing to step up!:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement