Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea: Ranieri's signings vs. Mourinho's signings

• 25-10-2005 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Since Mourinho is into his second season at the helm of Chelsea after replacing Ranieri, I thought it would be interesting to draw up a comparison of their signings. I googled it trying to find a figure that each of them have spent, but couldn't find anything. I also couldn't find a full list of players, so if I've excluded any of them, throw them into the list. (I know Ranieri made signings pre-Abramovich but I've tried to keep them from 2003 onwards, with the exception of Lampard).
    Ranieri
    Glen Johnson
    Wayne Bridge
    Frank Lampard
    Damien Duff
    Joe Cole
    Geremi
    Juan Veron
    Arjen Robben
    Claude Makelele
    Adrian Mutu
    Hernan Crespo
    Petr Cech

Mourinho
    Paulo Fereira
    Ricardo Carvalho
    Assier Del Horno
    Tiago
    Michael Essien
    (That young fella Diarra?)
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Didier Drogba
    Mateja Kezman

I guess there's a bit of a grey area with Cech and Robben, as Ranieri initiated the deals, but they arrived the summer Mourinho came.

So, who's made the better/more influential signings? Ranieri has made some vital ones, such as Makelele, but there has been some dead-wood as well. That said, two of Jose's men have left the club too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Peter Kenyon's probably responsible for the signing of Veron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Scott Parker also under Ranieri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Roman bought 5 of those players listed under Ranieri , Ranieri bought Hasselbaink tbh better striker than all of Mourinhos added together :D
    Left out the entire team Ranieir had that got them into the CL pre Roman, good manager till he got all that money :( Which imo was the better built team and not a free shot an Fm2006 with a billion in the bank.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

A quick scan of that list would suggest Raneiri got the better players in (Lampard, Duff, Cole, Makelele, Cech). Doesn't really matter tho as I reckon Raneiri could have had all the players Mourinho has now and he would STILL have been incapable of getting as much out of them.

Advertisement