Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Meteor Bill options>?

• 25-10-2005 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

My mother decided that she's gona go meteor bill on the Talk 60 Tariff.She's not into phones really so im going to buy her upgrade.Im thinking on the W800i at the moment.Is it worth getting?As im with Meteor rtg myself there shouldn't be any problems using the W800i if i get it or will there?

The thing is the W800i is not on meteor's website and theres only a special offer on the CPW site.(149€ billpay)But thats it.I would suppose that 149€ is only with the highest options so it will cost more on the cheapest tariff.Theres not many details on it at the moe so could someone enlighten me?I read that its around 229 with a trade in?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It should be unlocked so you're grand.
    Only available in CPW as far as I know, although haven't been in a Meteor shop in a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well unlocking isnt the problem as my rtg sim is meteor anyway.Theres no Meteor store in Waterford so id have to go the Cpw or 3g.Has anyone have an actual price for the phone on the talk 60 tariff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I wouldn't bother with Talk 60 - you're paying €20 a month for 60 minutes and 30 texts - whereas on PAYG Anytime Plus €20 would get you 86.5 minutes and 30 SMS for the same price.

Another thing - are you sure your Mother actually wants an MP3 phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

She's not into phones really so im going to buy her upgrade

So I presume she isn't getting the mp3 phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh im keeping the phone.See shes on 02 rtg at the moment so even going onto bill she's saving a fortune.So its handier for her on bill.She's a light phone user anyway.So 20€ a month isnt bad since what she's getting with 02Anyway she'll get that 150 sms for 7.50€ addon if she needs them.

IS the w800i worth getting at this stage or will Meteor bring out newer phones in weeks to come since there releasing lots of new models?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I don't think they're all that great at releasing phones to be honest. Like I'm waiting to upgrade with them and all I want is for them to bring out a decent phone that's preferable not a Nokia and there's very little choice in fairness at the moment for decent and affordable phones that aren't nokia. Like everything's either Nokia or some sort of cheap-looking phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Slice wrote:
    I don't think they're all that great at releasing phones to be honest. Like I'm waiting to upgrade with them and all I want is for them to bring out a decent phone that's preferable not a Nokia and there's very little choice in fairness at the moment for decent and affordable phones that aren't nokia. Like everything's either Nokia or some sort of cheap-looking phone...

Sony Eiricson k700i, 129 euro with up to 130euro free credit on upgrade. Its a great phone

Advertisement