Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modifying a Synthetic Stock

Options
  • 25-10-2005 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

What is the story with modifying a synthetic stock for sizing.

I assuming you can add an extension to one to make it bigger, but what about shortening it. Basically I’m a bit of a short arse, but I’m interested in a rifle with a synthetic stock.

If it doesn’t suit what are the options. I guessing the plastic doesn’t lend itself to well to getting sawn down? Maybe I’m wrong..

Also is there a comprehensive list (or some kind of list) out there of gun dealers in Ireland, or do they not like to advertise there warez ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I guessing the plastic doesn’t lend itself to well to getting sawn down?

Most of the "Plastic" stocks are hollow ..cutting them would probably ruin them.
    I've a Hogue stock on a rifle , I wouldn't like to try it .

The best alternative would probably be a laminated stock , or a laminated partial blank that you could finish to suit yourself.

What gun is it for ..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Meclor

its for Cz 452 style, or silhouette

I haven't bought one yet, I am hoping too, but I'm just concerned about the size and fit.

If it comes down to it I can go for a wooden stock, but I'd pefer the Synthetic,

I'll just have to go and try one on for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The CZ452 synthetic stocs are actually a solid block of plastic ( a bit unusual in that respect), so once the job is done tidily, shouldn't pose too many problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Meclor

good stuff, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sniper220

Hello
    Have you herd of a McMillan stock they can be fitted to most popular makes and you can adjust it to suit yourself. if you look up www.sniperworld.com then go to accessories you should be able to find plenty of info on McMillan stocks.
    Hope this is of help to you:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement