Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Skatin

Options
  • 25-10-2005 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried it...just for fun?There is one opened up down here in Cork recently...ecept its artificial ice not the real stuff.The size of the skates is my worry the biggest they stock is 13 I need them BIGGER...Ill say no more!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes. Didn't know there were any permanent rinks left in the republic, though.

I needed a size -15- in a rink in Switzerland, so if you're going in thinking their 13 is too small, its going to be bloody miniscule.

You will fall over. A lot. For quite a while, actually. It can be quite fun but you've got to have OK balance and be willing to risk making yourself look like an utter tool by falling over at speed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I played Ice Hokey back home, great fun. If you can cruise on roller blades you will take to ice skating fairly easily. Your first few times may be a bit sore :o , i walked away with a few bruises after getting a bit to excited, that ice is HARD.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Nice one endurance man for the info.The rink in Cork is made from artificial ice,Iwent and had a look its friggen tiny,I know someone at work who tried it and he says its very slow to skate on...so I wont be going too fast.

Ive been searchin for skates and found out roces do a duel skate that is a inline skate and a ice skate in one.Theyre 200 dollars but Im still searching and they go to size 15.

wideangle wrote:
    Nice one endurance man for the info.The rink in Cork is made from artificial ice,Iwent and had a look its friggen tiny,I know someone at work who tried it and he says its very slow to skate on...so I wont be going too fast.

Ive been searchin for skates and found out roces do a duel skate that is a inline skate and a ice skate in one.Theyre 200 dollars but Im still searching and they go to size 15.

I had a pair of Roces yeaeeers ago, they are excellent skates, one of the best actually. Would they not have skates at the rink to hire?

At the moment 13 is the biggest they have...im size 14 and if i need a size bigger than my shoe size i need a fiftheen skate.They are not going to get size 14 or 15 just for one person...supply meets demand and all that!

• Advertisement

Check on ebay, i realise these arent your size but this gives you an idea of what you could get :).

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Nike-Quest-V-2-Sen-Ice-Hockey-Skates-UK-Size-3-5_W0QQitemZ7190101180QQcategoryZ2911QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im sure if you browsed around a bit more you would find your size.

Nice one,endurance man.Nike make shoes in big sizes so why not skates...makes sence.

Advertisement