Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Skate Shoes Online

Options
  • 25-10-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Post ur links here:
    http://www.danscomp.com
    where do u get yours from..they arent just for skatin!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I buy them in a physical shop... how the hell do you know if a shoe fits right if you get it online? Even within one brand each model has different sizing, etc - I can take a 12 in some DC's and a 13 in others, for instance, have to try them on though.

Also, while it may be a foreign maker at the end of it, keeping cash in the country even somewhat is good, particularly if you're getting them outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I think buying clothes and shoes online is a bad idea, unless you've already seen the item in question (and preferably have tried them on). For example, I'll have a look at the Vans online store when I need new shoes to see what's out - I might see a pair that I like the look of online, only to go and look at them in a high-street retailer and find out that they're actually manky. Or, I might see a pair in the store that I like that didn't stand out as a jpeg. Plus, there's the sizes thing.
    MYOB wrote:
    Also, while it may be a foreign maker at the end of it, keeping cash in the country even somewhat is good, particularly if you're getting them outside of Dublin

And pay €20-30 over the odds for supporting an Irish high-street store? No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Never buy shoes online :eek: , you need to hold them in your hand and walk with them on your feet before you no what they are really like.

Sico wrote:
    And pay €20-30 over the odds for supporting a Dublin high-street store? No thanks.

I said "particularly if outside Dublin", didn't I? Got my last pair in I think McElhenneys in Ballybofey, for instance. Thats not a Dublin high street store by any means, although its also not the kind of store that really needed the cash...

And pay €20-30 over the odds for supporting a Dublin high-street store? No thanks.

G1 is hardly a high street store. I got my last pair of DVS from them for 40 euro :eek: . They where also having a special, 2 pairs for 70 euro, they are great value if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the thing about G1 is you can get 2 pairs as endurance said for 70 euros.

now i don't know about you lot but if you don't skate in skate shoes (i don't) they last ages, i have a pair of DVS i bought about 3 years ago and after constant abuse they are still wearalbe they look like they are only a month old.

the only way i'd buy shoes online would be to try them on first if i like what i have tried and they are cheaper online than offline (including shipping + customs) then i'd buy them otherwise it's just a hassle.

also watch out as most sites will display skate shoes with american sizes which are one size bigger than us (IE/UK 9 US 10)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

MYOB wrote:
    I said "particularly if outside Dublin", didn't I?

OK, I've changed my post to say Irish stores, and now my point stands.
    G1 is hardly a high street store. I got my last pair of DVS from them for 40 euro :eek: . They where also having a special, 2 pairs for 70 euro, they are great value if you ask me.

That's definitely the exeption rather than the rule in my experience. About a year back, I was looking for a particular pair of shoes around Dublin - I went into Schuh, they were €75 IIRC. I went into Urban, the **** were looking for €90 :eek:. So I bought them online for the equvalent of €45, with €10 p&p.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Well u see the thing is any shoe in my size here i Ireland is going to cost me around 120 euro,as my size is bigger than 12,i the states bigger sizes are more redily available,which leads to a greater choice of shoe and lower prices..I know the sizeing thing but one size bigger if its from the states.Id love to get two pairs of dvs from g1 for seventy quid...but do they do size 14...I dont think so!!
    I have a pair of dc court they are co plain and ripped on the left hand outer edge,and there not even two yeards old yet!:(

DCs fall apart, we could have told you that if you'd asked :p

the soles usually begin to go before anything else collapses, though - the individual "pills" start to fall out

Sico wrote:
    OK, I've changed my post to say Irish stores, and now my point stands.

And when you extend it out to that, I'll let my probably slightly misguided patriotism stand, thanks. I'm the kind of person who shops in Superquinn rather than Tesco on principle, for instance...

• Advertisement

So myob which brands do u reccomend?Im after a pair of duffs or vans.Duffs seem to go to size 12 at the most while vans go to size 15.

No one is posting links...post some links to where ye view the shoes ur after,wheather u buy them over the counter or over the net!!:confused:

I'm a DC or Addidas man myself - the Addidas Skate shoes are literally indestructable, if getting harder to find here. Got myself 3 pairs for E40 apiece in Elverys in Liffey Valley a while ago.

MYOB wrote:
    I'm a DC or Addidas man myself - the Addidas Skate shoes are literally indestructable, if getting harder to find here. Got myself 3 pairs for E40 apiece in Elverys in Liffey Valley a while ago.

Addidas :confused: , good lord, thats news to me.
    OP, you wanna look for a nice pair of DVS/Etnies, and i have had emerica as well. They will last years. G1 in dublin have a big range and some great specials. Looking in schuh or urban is madness, obviously they are going to be way more expensive. I dont really go out looking for a particular pair, just go into G1 and you are bound to find something you like :).

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

I order in all my bmx shoes from america www.danscomp.com and wideangle u should get duffs,vans(they have a good sole for bmx) or etnies.DCs fall apart.

Try this place www.eastbay.com :D

Its a good link ..thanks..they have globes in my size are they any good...no duffs or vans on there at all...they have the adiddas skate shoe a remodeled version of their 1978 skate shoe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 g1Dude

Hey guys...G1 Skate Supply has a sale on....till 10 November...some great deals going!!!

g1Dude wrote:
    Hey guys...G1 Skate Supply has a sale on....till 10 November...some great deals going!!!

Nice, i will be in for sure :), gotta buy the m8's back home shoes :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Does anyone know where to find size 14 skate shoes

I have been looking for ages, but anywhere that do have them have a horrible selection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bought my last pair off ebay vans no skools, ive been skating vans the best part of two years I wont skate another shoe. They cost me 50 euro inc shipping. If I were to buy them from the local shop they would cost 80 - 90 you know.

Im looking at a pair of skate nikes though for casual wear anybody here wear them?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Some of those Nike skate shoes are nice alright, see in them in schuh alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

try www.skatewarehouse.com

with the weak dollar it should cancel out the shipping cost so shoes should cost the same as if you bought them here . try and get a load of friends to order stuff together and save even more , you can end up paying 40 euro for a deck or 25 for a pair of trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Yeah I agree, great time to buy from the US, but they have a very poor choice in my size.

Thanks for the reply:)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Anyone know a good site to get nike mavrks from? the only thing is that i dont want the shipping to be too high.

Advertisement