Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new msic

• 25-10-2005 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

i've been listening to bands like the mouldy peaches,the kings of leon and modest mouse lately+i love them but i dont wana wear them out,any ideas for bands along the lines or equally good but different?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

If you like Modest Mouse I recommend the Flaming Lips, LCD Soundsystem and !!!. All are even better than Modest Mouse ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

LCD Soundsystem?

Weird connection...

WOLF PARADE!

Karlusss wrote:
    LCD Soundsystem?

I get similar vibes off them as I do Modest Mouse. I don't like the other two bands so don't try and find a connection with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I wanna add to that Wolf parade statement. Seems to be an unbelievable amount of hype about these guys. I have the album. And it hasn't really turned me on. The Modest Mouse production influence becomes more than an influence. It takes over completely. I know that its produced by one of the guys from Modest Mouse but still. Its just blatant and totally unoriginal if you ask me. Broken Social Scene are an amazing band. Highly Highly recommend there stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah, if you like Modest Mouse, then Wolf Parade are definately for you.

• Advertisement

****ing blow-in Wolf Parade fans...

(I kid because I love)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimini cricket

John2 wrote:
    If you like Modest Mouse I recommend the Flaming Lips, LCD Soundsystem and !!!. All are even better than Modest Mouse ;)
    yeah i do love the flaming lips,specially yoshimi battles the pink robots.
    i saw lcd soundsystem at electric picnic an they were class,what album dya recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Thw Arctic Monkeys are worth a listen

LCD Soundsystem only have one album

It's called LCD Soundsystem. Get it, it's deadly.

Karlusss wrote:
    LCD Soundsystem only have one album

It's called LCD Soundsystem. Get it, it's deadly.

What that man said :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mrwyoming

An album I'd have to highly scream at: My Morning Jacket - Z

I've never been a fan of these kids, past albums have blown over me.. and this current one did for a bit too. Sort of accidentally got stuck with it for a while, and fell quite beautifully in love... sweet, huh?

Stand out tracks: Dondante, Knot Come Loose & Gideon.

It's a grower mind you - so stick with it for good times :P

Advertisement