Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Broadband Recommendations

• 25-10-2005 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Hi All, my sister is after moving to London and she is looking to get Broadband. I’ve had a quick look at BT, NTL & Wanadoo but they all seem, well fairly crap to be honest. Most of the starter packages (2Meg mostly) have only a 2GB monthly cap and everything with the larger caps and/or faster speeds seem very expensive (Except NTL but she’s not looking for a phone/tv/internet package). She’s unlikely to be a big downloader but then again, most people aren’t until they actually get a decent connection. I’d always been under the impression that the UK was good for broadband packages but from what I’ve seen you’d nearly get a better package here. <-- Something I never thought I’d say! She doesn’t want to be spending too much as she is still only getting set up over there but at the same time she needs/wants something half-decent.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I recommend this looks good to me :p

BE Broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I recommend this looks good to me :p

BE Broadband
    :eek: Now thats broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

What about ukonline, only £29.99 for an 8Meg uncapped connection.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

In the UK I think you can get NTL BB, without also getting the TV or telephone (however they are good value).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

from what I hear from british mates Blueyonder is meant to be the best ISP out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Plusnet is one of the best, the also supply VoIP.
    PlusNet provides the internet connectivity to Xylene, which in turn hosts my website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for all the replies :) I decided to recommend Virgin Net. They have a 2mb line and a 6GB cap but there is no connection fee and no min contract so she can leave whenever if they are not up to scratch. Hopefully she wont have to though :)

Advertisement