Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you say you're worst or weakest points are

• 19-09-2001 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭

Cloud's announcement on this board left me thinking about this question.
    I'll soon be job hunting again and facing the dreaded interviews.

One question always knocks me for six and thats being asked what your not good at, i mean, here you are all hyped up to sell yourself and now they want you to say you've got flaws!!

Do you say, "i'm perfect , i have no flaws"...which makes you look like a twat (i feel, or a meglomaniac :) )

Or do you say something token thats bad about yourself like "monday mornings i usually come in hungover and grumpy" :D

What do you reckon?

<edit> or i don't understand the concept of a spell checker :eek: </edit>

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

How about "I push myself too hard."?
    :)
    I tried being honest about that question once... didn't work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I just blanked that question when asked: it was my 3rd interview within the company that day, and I was tired, and it was only a HR muppet anyway, so I just said that I didn't have a clue. He really didn't like that. :)

But I got the job! :)

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Theres some very good books in Easons and other book stores about Job Interviews. I got one for myself before and found it to be really good. I wish I could quote from it now but I can't find it. I'll be going job hunting soon and if I can't find it I'll buy another. Very good value for under a tenner.

I believe it said for a question like that say you say that you push yourself too much and sometimes you stay very late at work to fix a problem besides dropping it and coming in the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I loved that bit in trainspotting when spud is asked that..

'Im a bit of a perfectionist'

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

what would you say you're worst or weakest points are

I can gues you'res :)

(okay so its not smart and its not clever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, must change that back to my announcement.
    anyway, i always get asked that so i decided that after telling people that i had no idea, i figured id best get some sort of an answer.
    first off, you can say things like, well, none of my seniors have ever approached me so theres nothing wrong with my work.
    but personally i feel that i over dedicate myself to a project to the detriment of other things that im suppose to be doing.
    at least, thats what i say :)
    seems to work.
    what i mean to say is, i dont do any work because im too busy at my real job, posting crap on boards.ie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by yellum
    Theres some very good books in Easons and other book stores about Job Interviews. I got one for myself before and found it to be really good. I wish I could quote from it now but I can't find it. I'll be going job hunting soon and if I can't find it I'll buy another. Very good value for under a tenner.

I believe it said for a question like that say you say that you push yourself too much and sometimes you stay very late at work to fix a problem besides dropping it and coming in the next day.

I wouldn't bother spending the tenner, have a couple of pints.

If Monster ever lose their data and have no backup they can come to me: I have every page from the site saved on my hdd :) Lot of good info on the web: try www.monster.ie - it's got all the .com info plus some slightly Irish oriented stuff on the .ie pages.

But yeah, they recommend saying something like that, the one thing I would be tempted to do would be to be honest, and that is *not* recommended :)

So I hate that question, which is why I blanked the guy: what's the point of giving him the answer out of a bloody website or interview techniques book? ( I think that form answer sounds like so much bs :) )

Al.

Advertisement