Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid Assistance Needed

Options
  • 25-10-2005 10:27pm

I need the background taken out of a picture i have. i need it to be all white, like a passport photo. I cant get new pictures taken cause i have bandages on my face (burn). i need the picture before Thursday lunch time, so i can go down and get them signed by a garda before sending them off for passport express.

i have a suiitable picture, just need the background taken out of it. Can anyone help? Or even point me in the direction of someone who can at short notice.

thankful for all help

Emmet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I take it this is a passport-size photo?

If you post up a scan of the photo removing the background shouldn't take too long (for me or someone else on here). Not sure if that's any good to you though - will they accept something that's been printed from a computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

It can be a bit dodgy trying to use computer-printed photos for offiicial id's, especially passports. A variety of issues make this undesirable, from fraud to runny ink.

If possible, bring your edited image to a photo developing place that can transfer it onto a photograph for you, as this will be fine for official use. As for editing the photo:
    I wouldn't go for pure white, look at the passports or other id's you might have around the house, and see if you can see any white in them, I bet you can't. Go for something pale, but with some sort of hue in it, for the background.

As for taking out the background, it's awkward tot ell you how in words. I advise getting an image editing program, a demonstration version of some freeware. I certainly don't recommend going on Limewire and dowloading a cracked version of Adobe Photoshop CS, because that's immorral and wrong. If you have Photoshop, you can a find a tutorial much more complex than what you need to know, but which still contains the essentials, at this url: http://www.phong.com/tutorials/mask.tree/

Hope that helps

If anyone wants a crack at it, here it is. It's the only photo i have that is front-on so is the only one that can be used. And i wont be printing it out myself, my aunt works in a design centre so a'll just e-mail it to her and she can get it printed for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

i'm not that good at this kind of thing but here you go.
    If you post this in the photoshop page you might get a someone a bit more professional to have a go...
    goodluck...

Advertisement